Sign in to follow this  
CollinJ

What should I charge? (I know another one)

Alright I am working on a job for a computer company, I did a little free work for them for the company cars (literally used scraps of vinyl for it). Needless to say they were impressed and I did another sample for them, which they were again impressed with. I ended up tracing the image out myself and it took me about 1.75 hours to complete, I usually charge $25-45 an hour for my design work which is what this is, so no help needed there. I do however need help with what to actually charge for time on this one....

To weed each one it takes about 5-8 minutes just because of all the little small pieces, Size is 4.87" high by 5" wide. First order is for 12 of them. I was figuring somewhere around $5 each? I would like repeat business from them.

post-11820-0-34239200-1299709187_thumb.p

The next part is just a smaller version of the logo without any of the text except for "TAB" these are only about 1.75" high by just under 2" wide. They are very small and a pain to weed. Any thoughts?

Really appreciate the help!

-Collin

Sorry its just an outline, click it and it will be easy to see. Thanks!

Alright I am working on a job for a computer company, I did a little free work for them for the company cars (literally used scraps of vinyl for it). Needless to say they were impressed and I did another sample for them, which they were again impressed with. I ended up tracing the image out myself and it took me about 1.75 hours to complete, I usually charge $25-45 an hour for my design work which is what this is, so no help needed there. I do however need help with what to actually charge for time on this one....

To weed each one it takes about 5-8 minutes just because of all the little small pieces, Size is 4.87" high by 5" wide. First order is for 12 of them. I was figuring somewhere around $5 each? I would like repeat business from them.

post-11820-0-34239200-1299709187_thumb.p

The next part is just a smaller version of the logo without any of the text except for "TAB" these are only about 1.75" high by just under 2" wide. They are very small and a pain to weed. Any thoughts?

Really appreciate the help!

-Collin

Sorry its just an outline, click it and it will be easy to see. Thanks!

I've struggled with pricing too sometimes, especially on large quantities of difficult-to-weed decals.

Since there are only 12 it will be a cinch, and 5 minutes to weed is something you can do whilst watching telly or what not. You can also make weeding easier if you use weed-lines, something I discovered after my difficult weed jobs heh.

I think 60 bucks for 12 is reasonable, or maybe 50-60. Whatever you price your first jobs at will set a precedent for later, so there's that to think about as well.

Cool thanks! Thats about what I was thinking as well. Any ideas on the super small ones? Those I am having a hard time with haha

Cool thanks! Thats about what I was thinking as well. Any ideas on the super small ones? Those I am having a hard time with haha

printed..... plain and simple. no muss, no fuss. Sub out and collect some cash for basically nothing, aside from a few emails and phone calls.