Sign in to follow this  
Q

will 651 work for car graphics and wall graphics

i already use 631 it works pretty good for wall graphics i want to purchase the new app tape for the 631 but would like to know if it works with all or most vinyl or just 631. Also will 651 work for car graphics and wall graphics can anyone tell me suggestions for app tape to use with each. I'm pretty sure i wouldn't want to use the app tape made for 631 on or for car applications. Sorry if this is confusing i've been on a crash course with video tutorials forums etc..etc... on vinyl, vinyl applications, app tapes, so i tend to ramble Lol...

Thanks

i already use 631 it works pretty good for wall graphics i want to purchase the new app tape for the 631 but would like to know if it works with all or most vinyl or just 631. Also will 651 work for car graphics and wall graphics can anyone tell me suggestions for app tape to use with each. I'm pretty sure i wouldn't want to use the app tape made for 631 on or for car applications. Sorry if this is confusing i've been on a crash course with video tutorials forums etc..etc... on vinyl, vinyl applications, app tapes, so i tend to ramble Lol...

Thanks

I use vector, avery, and fdc for racecars so i can't really help you there. But app tape use standard med tack transferrite and I also use transferrite ultra clear for lettering and layering, plus this type can be reused over and over if kept clean and unwrinkled.

You can use 631 in the same places as 651 but it is matte versus shiny, uses removable adhesive versus permanent adhesive and does not last as long.....

so if i use 651 on his car and that has permanent adhesive wouldnt that destroy the paint on his car. i understand app tape is more of a personal preference and i understand use less tack when doing vinyl inside on walls i guess my question would be what type of vinyl should be used on cars and i mean on the actual body of the car not the windows.

you won't destroy the paint on his car with 651. thats basically what its designed for.

631 wouldn't last nearly as long on a vehicle, as it has quite a bit less tack than the 651. used some 631 for a small decal on a friends car, his rear quarter window. after about a week, you could actually press down and move the decal around a little on the window. it also left some residue when we took it off.

on the flip side, 631 is great for indoor wall art and comes off perfectly when you need it to. 651 on the walls looks a bit strange because of its gloss - you can see all the imperfections of the wall behind the vinyl. however, i haven't really seen any evidence that 651 had damaged a wall when removed... though i haven't used it long-term on any indoor surfaces.

ok thanks i will continue with 631 for walls and try 651 on some cars maybe even my own.

ok thanks i will continue with 631 for walls and try 651 on some cars maybe even my own.

651 is what most ( me included ) use for decals on cars etc . It does shrink , especially on glass parts . Real noticable in multi colors if you punch thru ( overlap should be used ). 751 is 2X the money . IF you want a higher end job , use the 751 . The oldest decal i have made is 3 years old & no problem at all ( 1 color 651 ) .

• Like 1

651 is often used for small window graphics but it's not nearly as good as 751 or 951 and I don't use it for vehicle graphics. 651 while a good product is still a calendared vinyl and will not handle the amount of shrink and expansion that a car body or a large piece if glass will move. The equates to early cracking.