Sign in to follow this  
SSW

What would you charge?

I have a customer wanting 100 of the the attached image. I will have to convert it into a vector and then cut them. I tried persuading him to get them printed, but he doesn't want that. So I'm just curious as to what yall would charge. I know there are going to be price variations due to regional differences, but i'm just looking to see if im in the same general area as everyone else. I was thinking about $2.50 a piece.

post-6070-0-50637800-1299696443_thumb.jp

Personally I would be MUCH higher and I doubt I would even take it on. 1 or 2 might not be bad if they are large.

much higher my friend

even dowon here in the middel east the price 4 one wil be aroud 7-10 usd

the weeding think about it

4" high for that exact design with all the lettering and everything? i don't know if it would be possible to cut it that small, no matter what cutter you have. at 4" tall, some of that lettering would be 1/4" give or take, let alone how thin those lines are on the tire design. i can't see any way that it would actually come out unless it was printed. if it did actually cut cleanly, it would be a crazy pain in the ass to weed.

I have a customer wanting 100 of the the attached image. I will have to convert it into a vector and then cut them. I tried persuading him to get them printed, but he doesn't want that. So I'm just curious as to what yall would charge. I know there are going to be price variations due to regional differences, but i'm just looking to see if im in the same general area as everyone else. I was thinking about $2.50 a piece.

I know you say he doesnt want them printed but thats what I would do..If not if your happy with the price you listed then go for it...if not go up due to the complex weeding..Would take the price up a little for me..

Printing them in a 4" and cutting them like a labels should be no trouble if you have the eps...

If you decide you want them printed and contour cut pm me and we can talk price...Thanks

stetson5331

Well... I told him $5 a piece...

Then he tells me he found someone online that would do 1000 for $400, do I told him to go for it.

Then he tells me he found someone online that would do 1000 for $400, do I told him to go for it.

Yeah, that figures. Next time if you get a item such as this just outsource it to a large producer online. I wouldn't have done that kinda work for less than $5 each. Seems to me they guy has his idea of working with local business I guess. That artwork at that size cut will be useless on a car here in the northeast if its cut vinyl anyways. Too detailed and too small. I would recommend to him a design by yourself. Those will never work for outdoor applications on vehicles with cut vinyl.

Show him a easy to read sticker that would stand up to the weather and environment. Also ask him why such a complex design? Maybe something like this. If he's going printing anyways.

post-2284-0-27327000-1299773772_thumb.jp

hes getting 1000 cut n weed decals for $400= .40 each...I wouldnt touch 1000 cut n weeds for $400 in my oppinion...

Now if hes having them printed and contoured makes a world of difference..Less involved time wise...

I would tell him if he can get the cut n weeds for that cheap certainly go for it...too much involved with that decal to spend that much time on a .40 decal..

just my 2 cents

stetson5331

Well, I got him to agree to a simpler design.

I've attached it.

This should be easier to weed.

post-6070-0-26665300-1300157482_thumb.pn

I've attached it.

Have you tried to cut and weed one of those at 4" tall? I personally still wouldn't touch it but if you are up to it then I say go for it!

I've attached it.

Again if your comfortable with doing that decal for the .40 cent price ..Then by all means do it..A job priced that your comfortable with is worth doing...Sometimes you just have to do it to keep a customer...I personally would print it..Or outsource it to a printer to save the customer from using someone else...

Sounds like your determined to do the job..I wish you success in it..

Will you let us know actually how long it takes to complete it from start to finish? Cut, weed and app tape them??

thanks

stetson5331

I was never going to do them for 40 cents a piece. I was at $5 a piece.

Cut a sample of the text and see how it goes....

PS...I would never in a million years sell an order like that as cut decal...

PPS...A weatherproof flexo printed decal like that will cost you under 150.00 for 1,000 pieces from a trade supplier....

PPS...A weatherproof flexo printed decal like that will cost you under 150.00 for 1,000 pieces from a trade supplier....

Sorry, still on the wrong end of the learning curve... who would be a trade supplier I could price that at?

thank you.