Sign in to follow this  
Hiram

Is SignBlazer obsolete

Hello

I just found SignBlazer but I can not find the solution to move from trial version to full version.

I understand very very little English.

I would be able to switch to full version.

If I understand this software is abandoned and therefore no longer to be updated.

Is it smart to use a software obsolete?.

I'm new so I want to start on a good foundation unfortunately I can not find any book in French (I am Belgian).

I thought I could cut the vinyl from Illustrator, but if I understand correctly signblazer needs illustrator to work.

Thank you

A lot of people use it but I personally think it is very obsolete especially for image editing which can be done much better in inkscape if you want to go the free route. You can use illustrator to cut if you have a cutter from a company that offers a plugin such as graphtec or roland

A lot of people use it but I personally think it is very obsolete especially for image editing which can be done much better in inkscape if you want to go the free route. You can use illustrator to cut if you have a cutter from a company that offers a plugin such as graphtec or roland

Hiram,

Welcome to the forum -- your questions were well said -

I say No! it's not obsolete - but there will be no new improvements.

It will function to design and cut with USCutters machines and others - It does not require Illustrator to work - inside SignBlazer are design functions to work with vectors - edit nodes to make lines smoother - as you learn you will find it is still a powerful program - like all programs there are limitations - but, newer more powerful programs are more expensive - and no single program I have found will meet every need.

So I say the time you spend learning SignBlazer will not be wasted - you may find that it meets enough of your needs to be the only design and cutting program you need.

You can no longer register the program with the company that made it. Because of that I decided to buy another program for the peace of mind that future upgrades will be made. But, I still have SignBlazer installed and still use it often.

The trial version is fully functional - so you can use it without a time limit - just some nag screens.

-Mike

Some get it and some don't. In the hands someone that does, Signblazer can do most all that the other programs can do and paired with Inkscape (another free program) you can work around any situation that comes up

If you have a cutter that is supported by SignBlazer you cant go wrong for the price

Some get it and some don't. In the hands someone that does, Signblazer can do most all that the other programs can do and paired with Inkscape (another free program) you can work around any situation that comes up

If you have a cutter that is supported by SignBlazer you cant go wrong for the price

On the wall in my kitchen is a push button telephone from the 70's. It doesn't have redial, or any other fancy options...but it rings LOUD and it works for it's intended purpose...to make and receive phone calls. Old fashioned...outdated..maybe. Obsolete...not hardly.

Hello

I just found SignBlazer but I can not find the solution to move from trial version to full version.

I understand very very little English.

I would be able to switch to full version.

If I understand this software is abandoned and therefore no longer to be updated.

Is it smart to use a software obsolete?.

I'm new so I want to start on a good foundation unfortunately I can not find any book in French (I am Belgian).

I thought I could cut the vinyl from Illustrator, but if I understand correctly signblazer needs illustrator to work.

Thank you

Hi,

Signblazer is usable, and many like it. It's obsolete in the sense that it will never be updated, but that doesn't mean it's unusable. ;)

Will you like it? Try it and see. I personally do not like it, and prefer to use SignCut Productivity Pro which I am willing to pay a little bit for than use SignBlazer.

For design work, I do it all in Photoshop, Illustrator and Inkscape (Inkscape is free!).

Basically, you just need to find software which you like to work with, and this is true for any software. I am fairly picky about how things work, and SignBlazer just reminded me of 1992 again so I ran screaming. ;)

Good luck!

A lot depends on how complex the designs are that you want to make. Most of mine are simple and involve mostly text and existing items that I import into SignBlazer and modify. For that SignBlazer is an excellent tool. If you are lokning at designing complex thngs from scratch, it's probably not the tool for you. What I like is that you can design, and cut in the same application. I rarely have a need for anything else. Like Nuke said, give it a try. You may like it, I did.

Jay

Thank you all for friendly answers.

I don't bought it for sign making.

I m artist and i want to use it for making stencils but with very close designs with narrow lignes.

I m try it for now but i m very dispointed may be because it s the beginig.

Again thank you for answering me and be very tolerant with my poor english.

Guy - Belgium - Europe