Sign in to follow this  
Riggsy

Blade Holder

I don't want to start out my cutting by slicing right through my $100 dollar roll of paint mask - I can't help but feel like my blade holder is missing something, and the translated-from-Chinese-manual is no help. When the blade sheath is tightened up (middle picture in the diagram), the blade sticks out a certain distance and the only way to lessen the distance the blade is sticking out is to loosen the sheath (bottom picture in the diagram), which seems a terrible inconsistent and slip-prone system. Am I overthinking this, am I missing a part, or is there some other way of shortening blade length i am just not seeing?

Thanks,

Nicholas

post-13017-0-55973500-1299655504_thumb.j

the o ring keeps the blade "sheath" from changing so it will be consistent cuts without the changing depth without your help. the roland and grahtec have the type of holder you are looking for that the depth is changed from above - the cheaper cutters are like the one you show and work fine

I looked through the other thread about PCUT blade assembly but the lack of pictures made it hard to visualize the solution - but in regards to that thread I agree with RpmRanger - the blade sheath, when adjusted to the correct blade depth, is barely threaded onto the main assembly and seems very unstable. I guess i'll just have to strap it on and see what I get.