Sign in to follow this  
racinboy30

Thinking of t-shirts

I was wondering what exactly I need for vinyl, printer, sublimation or what for getting started. I would want to be able to do from single color too full color transfers or sublimation. There's just so many products, printers and supplies I don't know where to start. What software would I need, will coral or inkscape work? Besides a clamshell and cutter what else would be essential to the garment business.

For vinyl, Spectra Eco-Film (imprintables warehouse) or Siser Easyweed.

For a printer, Epson WF1100 with Cobra Ink CIS, pigment inks for most things, another with high temp ink for sublimation.

For t-shirt transfers, JPSS for whites, 3G Jet Opaque for darks.

For a heat press, get the best you can afford. I have a Stahl's MAXX 15x15. It's a great press.

Corel draw works great for your purposes. I use it extensively.

Not sure about Sublimation transfers.

• Like 2

For a printer, Epson WF1100 with Cobra Ink CIS, pigment inks for most things, another with high temp ink for sublimation.

For a heat press, get the best you can afford. I have a Stahl's MAXX 15x15. It's a great press.

Thank you for the info. I will use it as best as I can.

Great and succinct post, NiteWalker! I am looking to get into shirts too and this was very helpful.

If I'm not mistaken, sublimation only works on light colored shirts. You can try printing on Darkjet and contour cutting the transfer, but I think it'd be pretty hard to get the same effect that way

Pigment inks are used with jss opac transfer sheets for dark shirts which you contour cut.

Sublimation is for light colored shirts.

Great site to learn more

Alpha Supply Co

I have 2 epson 1100 one for pigment, and one for sublimations, and 1 epson wf30 with pigment inks.

all 3 have cis which I got here.

Cobra Ink

How many are you doing?....Depending on quantity full colour transfers from FM Expressions might be an option.....

I am just getting knowledge on this so that I know what I need to know before I purchase a printer. I have probably unlimited amount of custom t-shirts and apparel market before me. I would start by just my company shirts. Evidently, I have requests for the frontier shirts, I would want 10 or so large and 5 xxl's. All in black but one difference, little logo in front and large one on the back for just three of the xxl's. If anyone wants to shoot me a price and I can provide the artwork.

Pigment inks are used with jss opac transfer sheets for dark shirts which you contour cut.

Sublimation is for light colored shirts.

Great site to learn more

Alpha Supply Co

I have 2 epson 1100 one for pigment, and one for sublimations, and 1 epson wf30 with pigment inks.

all 3 have cis which I got here.

Cobra Ink

Thank you!

Incase no one mentioned it before, you also need 100% Polyester t-shirts for Sublimation t-shirts.

In any color but black correct?

When you sublimate you can not print white....So if you have a design that has white actually nothing prints and the colour of the garment shows through in the areas that were white....So the darker the garment the worse the print looks....Imagine lime green or neon pink showing through your design.....With DTG on a black shirt they lay down a base of white to print on top of.....

When you sublimate you can not print white....So if you have a design that has white actually nothing prints and the colour of the garment shows through in the areas that were white....So the darker the garment the worse the print looks....Imagine lime green or neon pink showing through your design.....With DTG on a black shirt they lay down a base of white to print on top of.....

Ok, I got that part. Now, a inkjet transfer with pigment ink would print whatever you like but would have a boarder around from where it was contour cut. But the shirts have to be heat press friendly like cotton, poly blend , polyester or what. This is the system I plan on purchasing for myself. The DTG and screen printing I am going to sub out.

You can set your contour cut to be right on the outer edge of the design so you won't have the border. Use jpss for light color shirts and 3G opaque for darks. Cotton and 50/50 shirts will work well for your purpose.

• Like 1

You can set your contour cut to be right on the outer edge of the design so you won't have the border. Use jpss for light color shirts and 3G opaque for darks. Cotton and 50/50 shirts will work well for your purpose.

Do your designs full bleed so it extends past where it will be cut!