Sign in to follow this  
JIMB408

what type of vinyl for car windows?

I'm just starting out cutting my own vinyl - what type of vinyl is used to make car window decals/stickers? (not printed stickers) I assume it's not the same as you'd use for t-shirts?

oracal 651 is the standard for quality vinyl. but if you are going with some other brand just get their intermediate calendared vinyl

I think the word "standard" is in the eyes of the beholder.....

For vehicles (body or glass) my "standard" has become Oracal 751 for white, black, red or royal blue(These colours cover about 90%+ of the jobs that come my way)...Cast shrinks less and has better UV protection....For the other colours my "standard" is mostly Oracal 651 because it is not worth bringing in other colours...Except I have a few other random colours of 751 in stock...

I agree with roxann. My Standards are 851 or 951. Oracal 651 goes our for tempory signage, race cars and cut banners. Almost everything else is done in cast here. including anything on glass. I try to keep most colors on hand both cast and calendered. I hate having to order anytihng and telling a customer 3 more days cause I dont have a color in. And i only order 50 yard rolls. If it sits for to long I start burning it up on coro or banners to rotate my stock. Seems to work good for me that way.