Sign in to follow this  
mgraphics

new cutter?

I currently have an mh721 I am looking to upgrade I'm wanting a 24" cutter $1000 or less so gtech is out what do you guys suggest? Thanks

Save those pennies for the Graphtec CE5000 bundle USC has. It's worth it in the long run.

Otherwise, Zencut Green or Copam. Make sure to get the stand with the cutter.

Go with the compam and put the rest into supplies.

And yeah I agree get the stand.

later...

Pappy

Call USC and ask if they have a demo or clearence..Also might call others like Sign Warehouse n ask the same..Grimco, Fellers..I would start at USC first though...

So Copam has a 35" model....In looking around I did not see much media this wide....

alot of models state 35"-36" that is just the total width of the cutting area... they cut 30" media, plenty around, both of my cutters are, actually my Graphtec is a 30" machine, but is 49.5 inches wide. It holds 30" media on down. Some sellers state the width of the cutting area, some state width of machine, You just have to look at the specs and see what the cutting area is.

I would look at the ZenCut Green. It has servo motors and ARMS for contour cutting. The Copam doesn't have either.

I understand that any cutter can cut smaller....But why make a model that cuts an odd size?....

My next cutter will be at least 30" so I do more more wall decals in 1 piece...

I would look at the ZenCut Green. It has servo motors and ARMS for contour cutting. The Copam doesn't have either.

and another 320.00 . . . . once I get that close i would look at a graphtec - if you watch ebay there is a place that regularly sells open box for 1250.00

I understand that any cutter can cut smaller....But why make a model that cuts an odd size?....

My next cutter will be at least 30" so I do more more wall decals in 1 piece...

what I would consider an "odd" size would be the 42" machines.

thanks so much for all the replies i am going to look around and see if i can find a good deal on a graphtec

and another 320.00 . . . . once I get that close i would look at a graphtec - if you watch ebay there is a place that regularly sells open box for 1250.00

What he said.

I currently have an mh721 I am looking to upgrade I'm wanting a 24" cutter $1000 or less so gtech is out what do you guys suggest? Thanks

I Have 2 MH-721.s and a Newstar OM-60 and I use my 721.s everyday.......5 days a week all the time, I have 3 cut stations and a print station, and my 721's everyday, I know I see a lota crap about them on here, But Bannerjohn said he had good luck with his and I got 1 two years ago, and this year got my second one, I have Flexi Pro,Signlab,Corel 9 and X3, and adobe photoshop 5 and these 721's just work great......BigJimT

But if you want go and spend more money, but for me they cut as good as my Roland and Newstar

have cut. :thumbsup: