Dakotagrafx

what DPI do you print at?

I am trying to do a banner and the older computer can't seem to handle 150 dpi - what do you use?

Hey Dakota I design and print banners at 300 DPI...If you can't get it and are having trouble shoot me a PM and I can print it and send it to ya

I have 10oz and 13oz banner in gloss..I also have a matte finished 2 sided banner material if you need that...

stetson5331

Just trying to work this out on my printer - maybe the design is too complicated?:huh:?

One of my local competitors, that has been around a LONG time has a Mutoh 64" Valujet- Their only printing everything @ 72DPI?:huh: Why so low. Didn't figure it takes any more ink, and just a little more time to pipe up the resolution???

Banners I print at 72-150 DPI. Theres no reason for more. Most banners arent in front of your face anyway and the files would crash most computers if you print at 300dpi. its just overkill. I have one of the largest wrap shops around 2 blocks from my shop and they print at 72 dpi... I maen if im printing pictures or smaller nice prints i will use they best i have or can get but otherwise its overkill most of the time. I just printed a few 4x30 Banners for the hospital and they couldnt have been more excited with them. they were printed in high speed mode at 72 dpi...Up on the side of a building you cant tell. period

i have to agree with james banners are made to seen from a distance. the one i just posted over on the other forum was printed @ 150 just because it is going to be seen by people passing it in a hallway. if you need a better example go look at a billboard you will crap at tbe print quality.