Device Error

POOR QUALITY (EVEN WORSE SUPPORT)

I very rarely am dissatisfied enough to ask people not to shop with a vendor. HOWEVER, I have had the economy 15x15 cutter for less than a year. after 3 months the handle wore out and the press would no longer lock in the closed position. It took me hours of phone calls, and numerous cell phone texts to a "warranty manager" to get a replacement part. I was told that they don't get any parts from the manufacturer, and they have to take them off new units. Great, not my problem. I have a one year warranty and I need parts, it's their job to figure it out.

5 months later, same broken part, same answer. Except this time, I can't find the one US Cutter employee that cares about his job enough to find me a part. I am absolutely disgusted with the service and quality of the part. I am even more angry that the "support" guy says it's my fault because I must be using it wrong. Really? Pretty hard to misuse a press. I have a swingman that we have used for 4 years with no problems, Looks like we should have stuck with their brand.

I'm telling you, don't buy here.

S. Martin

President: The Needle & Thread Company

Scott@coolneedle.com

I very rarely am dissatisfied enough to ask people not to shop with a vendor. HOWEVER, I have had the economy 15x15 cutter for less than a year. after 3 months the handle wore out and the press would no longer lock in the closed position. It took me hours of phone calls, and numerous cell phone texts to a "warranty manager" to get a replacement part. I was told that they don't get any parts from the manufacturer, and they have to take them off new units. Great, not my problem. I have a one year warranty and I need parts, it's their job to figure it out.

5 months later, same broken part, same answer. Except this time, I can't find the one US Cutter employee that cares about his job enough to find me a part. I am absolutely disgusted with the service and quality of the part. I am even more angry that the "support" guy says it's my fault because I must be using it wrong. Really? Pretty hard to misuse a press. I have a swingman that we have used for 4 years with no problems, Looks like we should have stuck with their brand.

I'm telling you, don't buy here.

S. Martin

President: The Needle & Thread Company

Scott@coolneedle.com

I take it you mean press, I don't even see a 15x15 economy just a 9x12

http://www.uscutter.com/Heat-Presses--Value_c_69.html

if you had a hix why would you buy a cheaper press: You also state "I have a swingman that we have used for 4 years with no problems" I've got to wonder because anyone I know that owns a hix has never had to use support. if you can break a hix I am impressed.

I take it you mean press, I don't even see a 15x15 economy just a 9x12

http://www.uscutter.com/Heat-Presses--Value_c_69.html

if you had a hix why would you buy a cheaper press: You also state "I have a swingman that we have used for 4 years with no problems" I've got to wonder because anyone I know that owns a hix has never had to use support. if you can break a hix I am impressed.

here we go again. 3 posts since joining and all complaints.

here we go again. 3 posts since joining and all complaints.

I don't know all of the details but I think if he actually called support and they are not getting back to him that is bad on USCutter.

I also think he is expecting a lot from an "Economy" press especially if he is using it as much as he states he is. (1500 presses in 5 months.) If I did that much work, I don't think I would bank on a $300 press. I also think for all the money he's made off that press he would be happy and go buy himself another Hix with the profits.

Jay

I don't know all of the details but I think if he actually called support and they are not getting back to him that is bad on USCutter.

I also think he is expecting a lot from an "Economy" press especially if he is using it as much as he states he is. (1500 presses in 5 months.) If I did that much work, I don't think I would bank on a $300 press. I also think for all the money he's made off that press he would be happy and go buy himself another Hix with the profits.

Jay

That was the complaint about his cutter....he expected it to perform like a Graphtec at a bargain basement price.

That was the complaint about his cutter....he expected it to perform like a Graphtec at a bargain basement price.

He complained about his press in the same post. "Handle broke after 1500 presses."

He complained about his press in the same post. "Handle broke after 1500 presses."

I'm sorry, what I meant was..it was the SAME complaint...expecting a value machine to perform like an expensive machine.

First, it is a press, sorry, we have a POS cutter here also from US cutter, whole other issue.

@ Dakotan, read more carefully you dolt, I said i have NEVER had problems with my HIX.

@ Bannerjohn: I'm sorry is there a praise to complaint ratio that i missed? As a staff member, your time would be better spent helping your customers, not talking down to them. I guess that's why I own my company and you are stuck in a dead end job.

@ Jay, I've called and left numerous messages, which in itself is unacceptable for customer service. Also, don't know where you get 1500 presses in 5 months, I never stated that. BUT, I'm sorry I didn't see a rating on the press as to how many times the handle should go up and down before it broke. And whats breaking down is where(and how) the attach the pivot point on the handle. I have fabricated my own that works, but without the right spacing between holes, which you cannot measure because of the metal wear and fatigue, it still doesn't lock.

Once again to BannerJohn, you're an idiot. I expected it to work. I didn't expect to get a cutter with photocopied instruction book, a serial number that was already in use, or a different software title than what was promised. Maybe customer support isn't your thing.

Bottom line is this, anyone reading this forum sees how posters are being treated. I'm not the only one with this complaint. Maybe you guys should actually try to resolve your customers complaints so that they can recommend you instead of complain about you.

First, it is a press, sorry, we have a POS cutter here also from US cutter, whole other issue.

@ Dakotan, read more carefully you dolt, I said i have NEVER had problems with my HIX.

@ Bannerjohn: I'm sorry is there a praise to complaint ratio that i missed? As a staff member, your time would be better spent helping your customers, not talking down to them. I guess that's why I own my company and you are stuck in a dead end job.

@ Jay, I've called and left numerous messages, which in itself is unacceptable for customer service. Also, don't know where you get 1500 presses in 5 months, I never stated that. BUT, I'm sorry I didn't see a rating on the press as to how many times the handle should go up and down before it broke. And whats breaking down is where(and how) the attach the pivot point on the handle. I have fabricated my own that works, but without the right spacing between holes, which you cannot measure because of the metal wear and fatigue, it still doesn't lock.

Once again to BannerJohn, you're an idiot. I expected it to work. I didn't expect to get a cutter with photocopied instruction book, a serial number that was already in use, or a different software title than what was promised. Maybe customer support isn't your thing.

Bottom line is this, anyone reading this forum sees how posters are being treated. I'm not the only one with this complaint. Maybe you guys should actually try to resolve your customers complaints so that they can recommend you instead of complain about you.

Ok, Smart guy...here's the way it is. I don't work for US Cutter...I am a VOLUNTEER Moderator. So, you are NOT MY CUSTOMER. For your information...I own and operate a sign shop.Which, by the way, does production work with equipment that is meant to do production work... And the next time you call me or anyone else a name of ANY kind, you are history on this forum. I should have banned you the last time you started that crap.

and b tw..it's all about attitude...if you consider the tech guys at USC working a 'dead end job' then it is n o wonder to me that they show little enthusiasm for helping you.

Ok, Smart guy...here's the way it is. I don't work for US Cutter...I am a VOLUNTEER Moderator. So, you are NOT MY CUSTOMER. For your information...I own and operate a sign shop.Which, by the way, does production work with equipment that is meant to do production work... And the next time you call me or anyone else a name of ANY kind, you are history on this forum. I should have banned you the last time you started that crap.

and b tw..it's all about attitude...if you consider the tech guys at USC working a 'dead end job' then it is n o wonder to me that they show little enthusiasm for helping you.

on second thought..I've been having a lousy day today..I need something to cheer me up....

post-242-0-81711800-1299262215_thumb.jpg

on second thought..I've been having a lousy day today..I need something to cheer me up....

lol

lol

There is more to life than getting paid for something...satisfaction comes in many ways.

You cheered me up today and I am going to prison . . .LOL

I tried to PM you...couldn't. I am trying to get your limit increased...

have fun in Prison.

Some of the posters confusion is the new software has you listed as staff

Yeh I'm like Otis Campbell - they will let me out when my condition improves LOL

According to Carl Bowman, it is under warranty and should be repaired. He also stated that he will get me unbanned from the forums. John, I have 200+ ip addresses, how many times are you going to Try to ban me?

Device Error

you shouldn't be banned because you had poor service becuase of seemingly poor quality products.

you should be banned because you're an ass. if you would grow up and stop with the 5-year-old name calling, maybe you'd get somewhere. otherwise, if i were bannerjohn, i'd enjoy every one of those 200+ bans.

the honey and vinegar saying comes to mind.

edit: i just saw the other username you made. forget what i said about growing up. go crawl back under your rock.

According to Carl Bowman, it is under warranty and should be repaired. He also stated that he will get me unbanned from the forums. John, I have 200+ ip addresses, how many times are you going to Try to ban me?

Device Error

It's Karl,not Carl.

I agree that we shouldn't ban users for complaining. I think that Scott had a valid complaint about the heatpress and our after-sales service. We should have done better.

That doesn't give him the right to insult other forum users, and I support the ban.

But in the future, I ask that our forum users be more understanding of complaints. Our support and warranty service can't be perfect - it is a cost that has to be managed. But we can always do better, and we should have done better in this instance.

you shouldn't be banned because you had poor service becuase of seemingly poor quality products.

you should be banned because you're an ass. if you would grow up and stop with the 5-year-old name calling, maybe you'd get somewhere. otherwise, if i were bannerjohn, i'd enjoy every one of those 200+ bans.

the honey and vinegar saying comes to mind.

edit: i just saw the other username you made. forget what i said about growing up. go crawl back under your rock.

I agree that we shouldn't ban users for complaining. I think that Scott had a valid complaint about the heatpress and our after-sales service. We should have done better.

That doesn't give him the right to insult other forum users, and I support the ban.

But in the future, I ask that our forum users be more understanding of complaints. Our support and warranty service can't be perfect - it is a cost that has to be managed. But we can always do better, and we should have done better in this instance.

Thanks you Marcus...as was pointed out..it wasn't his complaining that got him banned. It was his manner. And if you read his posts..this isn't the first time..the last time I was insane. I let that ride... but with me, a second chance is all you get.

here is another style i got from the forum a year or so ago . :D

post-969-0-07542300-1299269521_thumb.jpg

here is another style i got from the forum a year or so ago . :D

Hey Rodger..before Dakota asks me..what is the difference between an idiot and a dolt? I don't want him to have anything up on me.

Hey Rodger..before Dakota asks me..what is the difference between an idiot and a dolt? I don't want him to have anything up on me.

I had to look it up as i have never heard/read that either :) .

urbandictionary.com

" 1. dolt - A mental retard who is clueless not only about current events, but also has the IQ level of a rock. "Dolt" may be the most sophisticated insult in the English language. Dolts commonly populate such stereotypes as jocks, nerds, fruits, bookworms, and dorks.

ex: You're a dolt. "

Seems like a preppy way to personally attack someone ...