Bolander

To Buy Or NOT To Buy?

Hello! I'am debating on purchasing the 25 inch plotter (MH721). I'am currently running two Roland plotters but could use another one. The USCutter plotter is less expensive as you are probably aware of but can I expect the same quality and reliability as my Rolands?

I would appreceiate any comments you may have regarding this subject.

Thank you...

Roger Bolander

Winston Sign Company - Arizona

Ive only used a Roland Sticka 15 inch machine...  My Refine is 10 times as good as that... 

I dont know how much you paid, but I know that a new Roland will cost quite a bit of money.

The Refines are a bit louder than the Rolands, but not normally a big deal for most people.

Hands down, My Refine is made of the highest quality, very durable, and probably one of the most solid stands that I have ever seen.  I have no problem getting it to work with any sign program that I throw at it, because it can use standard Roland drivers. 

Parts are avaliable at USCUTTERDIRECT.com, if I ever need them.

It uses standard Roland Blades too, so I can get them pretty much anywhere.

I've only bought machines or plotters that were as one would say "CHeap", but this is the best one that I have ever had... (Comparing to a Seiki and Master...)

I'm glad that I made the decision to purchase this machine... After I bought it, I found this board, and there are alot of great people on here.  The people at USCutter are awesome folks too, without them, there wouldnt be happy customers like me.!

Buy It, and you will probably find yourself to never buy a Roland again!

Hey Tater! Thanks for writting me back. You are very convincing in regards to the US Cutters. I will probably purchase one in the very near future. The price certainly is right. Moreover, if the cutter falls apart on me I'am only out 4 or 500 bucks.

I hope to hear from more people out there regarding US Cutters.

Thanks for you time... Roger

Guest fivestar

Bolander not to sound like an ass, but you are at uscutter's website forum so I'd say there's probably a damn good chance that 99% of the people here will say go for it. 

Now with that being said, I can only tell you that this is the only plotter I have ever used so my opinion may not be as good as others here.  I can tell you though that I cut a web address today on vinyl at .3 inches and weeded it like it was 2 inch letters.  If using flexi remember to go into the production manager and set the knife offset to .025 and it makes a world of difference. 

I've had mine for around 2 months now and made my money back plus some and I am not even in the sign business that is just from people knowing I got one and asking me to cut things for them.

Take it for what it's worth but I would definitely say get one, hell maybe even two for the price.

BTW fivestar, congrats on Senior Member Status... Beardown, Myself and now you are the only people on here as of right now to hold that status! :huh:

Yes Fivestar on what Tater said.You guys have been a big help in getting problems solved on this board.There would be a lot of Senior members if they would start posting every once in a while.And you are right about the 99%.There is that 1% though who will not.And since you have been using rolands Bolander you should have no problems in setting up a new cutter.I personally have had Great success with the 721 and the cp-2500.They both cut and plot with no problems other than the ones I create.