Need help figuring out a price for the following:

Plotter-cut on reflective white vinyl... size of the entire graphic is 80" x 24", entire graphic will also be pre-masked for the customer to apply. No actual printing being done, just plotter cutting.

I know reflective white vinyl is REALLY expensive!!!

Any help/advice on pricing would be a HUGE help to me, so again, thank you all!

For what it's worth (I don't have and never cut any reflective vinyl) - but using the cost of material that came preset in Estimate software here is what I came up with.

I plugged the size and material - using reflective (flexible)and price comes out 273.37 - substituting reflective (engineering) makes it 209.88.

Time on the job estimated at 1 1/2 hrs (I put in an assemble in shop charge of 20 minutes) - I am old and slow - but I like to get paid for the time I expect a job to take - use your judgment for how long you think it will take you to mask and package the finished job to adjust the price.

HTH, Mike

The problem here is vinyl has doubled in price w/ shipping attached. I used to be able to ship 1 roll for less then $30. Now it costs for the same thing about $50. I priced that at $166.85 RTA (x2 that would be 333.70)without installation. Laying down that kind a vinyl that big is going to be ruff on you if you have never done it before.

I just did an ambulance with 2 layer reflective and one layer standard, for $695.66 and that took a full day to assemble and apply. I was low bidder on that and offered a 2 year warranty on any installation defects.

The problem here is vinyl has doubled in price w/ shipping attached. I used to be able to ship 1 roll for less then $30. Now it costs for the same thing about $50. I priced that at $166.85 RTA (x2 that would be 333.70)without installation. Laying down that kind a vinyl that big is going to be ruff on you if you have never done it before.

I just did an ambulance with 2 layer reflective and one layer standard, for $695.66 and that took a full day to assemble and apply. I was low bidder on that and offered a 2 year warranty on any installation defects.

Good points! I did just use the inbuilt cost figures from when I installed the program - so it isn't current cost for me - which I would have spent the time to verify and update if I were actually quoting a job. I really only use a few types of substrates and vinyls and those are the only ones I have adjusted for cost calculations.

I agree installs are time consuming - Glad to have your input -

-Mike