Sign in to follow this  
insert

Whats the difference between UScutters Value Cutters?

Looking to purchase a cutter very soon.

Is their any difference between the MH-Series, Eco Cut, Gold Cut and the Pcut?

For a 24" they are all very close in price. Looking at the fan pressure and speed doesn't really help because the specs have a huge range.

Understanding that they are all economy cutters, is it worth it to spend an extra $50-$100 instead of just getting the MH-series?

Tried calling UScutters, but they weren't any help.

For a 24" they are all very close in price. Looking at the fan pressure and speed doesn't really help because the specs have a huge range.

Understanding that they are all economy cutters, is it worth it to spend an extra $50-$100 instead of just getting the MH-series?

I have 2 refines and a Pcut.... Pcut,hands down! Better machine in every respect.

I have 2 refines and a Pcut.... Pcut,hands down! Better machine in every respect.

+1

Goldcut and PCut are the best of the value machines. In the 24" range, I would give the slight nod to the Goldcut at this time. We haven't had a lot of history, but I think it is slightly more reliable. At 36"+, the PCUT is a great value because the larger machines have better grit rollers.

• Like 1

Goldcut and PCut are the best of the value machines. In the 24" range, I would give the slight nod to the Goldcut at this time. We haven't had a lot of history, but I think it is slightly more reliable. At 36"+, the PCUT is a great value because the larger machines have better grit rollers.

I can't comment on the Goldcut because I've never used one.I do use a Pcut every day...and if nothing else, the ducting channel makes it my favorite choice. A few weeks ago I did a 14 foot cut with less than 1/8 inch drift beginning to end.

Somebody send me a Goldcut and I'll try it out.

marcuso,

anything in particular about the Goldcut that you say it has a slight advantage over the Pcut?

marcuso,

anything in particular about the Goldcut that you say it has a slight advantage over the Pcut?

My detective skills tells me the answer is " I think it is slightly more reliable " :)

My detective skills tells me the answer is " I think it is slightly more reliable " :)

In the same sentence he says they don't have much history but thinks its slightly more reliable, can you get any more vague than that? More reliable but haven't used it for a long time? Thats my reason for asking, exactly what he was referring to.

Reliable as in overall it will last longer?(motor, drives etc)

Reliable as in less chance of defect from factory?

Reliable as in more reliable to cut accurately?

Reliable not to give random small problems?

Maybe it has a newer designed motor and thats why he thinks it will be more reliable. Just trying to figure out if I should go with the tried and tested PCut, or test the new cheaper model in town,

probably .......... :) It is more about money . If you want to experiement & buy the cheapest cutter , it will do a fine job . The Graphtec etc is the opposite end . Common sense tells us not to expect the best out of the cheapest . Every step up is worth the difference in money if you can justify it . I bought the cheapest middle grade ( Copam ) & have been very satisfied .

Some answers are what they are . There may not be a less vague answer . my 2 cents .

if it cost more I am sure USC will tell you it is more reliable. they have not been out long enough for anyone to say how reliable and I have not read any reviews on them