Sign in to follow this  
Watson91

Older Pcut Problems

I started out with having black squares on the screen. I opened it up and have gone around the whole mobo checking. I don't see any irregular. I have checked the buttons (at buttons and at mother board, along with chips they go through), I have checked screen its getting everything right, and the buttons on the key pad all work. Yet I still receive black squares.

I'm not sure where to go from here. Everything has been looked over and seems find. The cutter is older, not sure how old. I checked and I see that there is mobo available to purchase through this site. From the picture it doesn't look the same though. Does anyone know if this newer mother board will work on an older machine? Is there anything else that would cause the black squares on the LCD screen i could check?

I started out with having black squares on the screen. I opened it up and have gone around the whole mobo checking. I don't see any irregular. I have checked the buttons (at buttons and at mother board, along with chips they go through), I have checked screen its getting everything right, and the buttons on the key pad all work. Yet I still receive black squares.

I'm not sure where to go from here. Everything has been looked over and seems find. The cutter is older, not sure how old. I checked and I see that there is mobo available to purchase through this site. From the picture it doesn't look the same though. Does anyone know if this newer mother board will work on an older machine? Is there anything else that would cause the black squares on the LCD screen i could check?

From support on USCUTTER.com

My screen is blank/has a line of black boxes across it.

Posted by Levi Hartzog on 19 January 2009 11:27 PM

Normally on a Creation machine the screen going blank or displaying black boxes means that one of the kill switches is being depressed. The kill switches are located on each inner wall, if either of these are pressed down the machine will cease all activity until the button isn't being pressed anymore. These kill switches are there to protect the motor that moves the carriage. In order to fix the problem turn the machine off, move the carriage off of the kill switch gently, then turn the machine back on. If the screen is still blank then tap each kill switch to see if they are stuck down. If this does not fix your problem you should get a hold of our tech support team.

I thought members of the support team helped here, thats why I posted. I will call and see. I was just hoping others with the problem could show some insight.

The switches are defiantly not being depressed or stuck. I have also checked switches at the switch and at the mobo with a multimeter and they are getting signal. I have traced them through the circut to the chips they run to, and all chips are sending and recieving information from the switches. So I have eliminated that as an issue. I also know the processor is working because the buttons on the keypad are all working. The reason I say that the way the buttons are set up they seem to act on the same wires but send different voltage signals. The mother board is recognizing their different signals, so I would like to believe the processor is working.

I thought members of the support team helped here, thats why I posted. I will call and see. I was just hoping others with the problem could show some insight.

The switches are defiantly not being depressed or stuck. I have also checked switches at the switch and at the mobo with a multimeter and they are getting signal. I have traced them through the circut to the chips they run to, and all chips are sending and recieving information from the switches. So I have eliminated that as an issue. I also know the processor is working because the buttons on the keypad are all working. The reason I say that the way the buttons are set up they seem to act on the same wires but send different voltage signals. The mother board is recognizing their different signals, so I would like to believe the processor is working.

sorry, but tech support rarely comes on here.

sorry, but tech support rarely comes on here.

every few months they show up for a little while then off again to where ever they go to . . . . PM Levi