Sign in to follow this  
Mikelodeon

Graphtec Silhouette

I can see USCUTTER is selling this product for 179.99 plus FREE shipping

BUT Graphtec America is selling it for 299.00

I can see a big difference in the price.

My questions are:

Why this difference ? Are they selling exactly the same product?

Or GraphtecAmerica is selling a newer version?

Somebody can explain me what is going on here? usually you can find some price variations

depending of the store, but I am just curious about this.

Experience made me learn "usually" cheap or economic prices have something hidden ... or USCUUTER

just want to get rid off this items ?

Confused here. Help !

LOL

My questions are:

Why this difference ? Are they selling exactly the same product?

Or GraphtecAmerica is selling a newer version?

That sounds right.

Come on guys !!!

Nobody wants to help?

What about those guys from USCUTTER ?

What about the moderators ?

It is a easy question ... easy to answer.

I am just doing my homework.

Thank you.

Come on guys !!!

Nobody wants to help?

Thank you.

I would guess because it is on sale, just like other companies having it on sale, And they are still making a profit from them. And that high list price is different on different sites. Even more than $299.00

and personally I think they would be hard to sell. They are too limited on what they do. Especially the size they cut.

for another $70, you could purchase a 25" machine, and cut about anything. and at $270 have a 25" cutter with a stand. But that's just my 2c, to each their own. You have your own plans for it.

I am not knocking a Graphtec, because they ARE great machines, I own one, and I love it,

http://www.specialty-graphics.com/graphtec_quickutz_silhouette_sd_vinyl_media_cutter.html

http://www.amazon.com/Silhouette-Digital-Craft-Cutting-Tool/dp/B0021VNTMC

Thank you !!!

for 75 bucks I can get a bigger one... but better ?

from USCUTTER ?

what is your advice for a newbie ?

I am going to keep doing my homework

Thanx

Thank you !!!

for 75 bucks I can get a bigger one... but better ?

from USCUTTER ?

what is your advice for a newbie ?

I am going to keep doing my homework

Thanx

there are many people running a business with the MH Series and Pcut series, cutters.

It all depends on what you plan to use the cutter for? Scott, a member, would say , start with the PCUT, next step is Copam, then the larger Graphtec. The best you can do, is purchase the BEST that you can afford. It all depends on what you are using it for. If your happy with a cutter that will only cut the sizes, the little Graphtec cuts, and don't plan on updating anytime soon, then go for it. That is your decision.

Man, I have the laserpoint 24" (Same as pcut) I LOVE this thing. It contour cuts and does every graphic I want to cut. Plus we do t-shirts as well. Only thing I would have done different was get a clam press instead of swing arm heat press

there are many people running a business with the MH Series and Pcut series, cutters.

It all depends on what you plan to use the cutter for? Scott, a member, would say , start with the PCUT, next step is Copam, the the larger Graphtec. The best you can do, is purchase the BEST that you can afford. It all depends on what you are using it for. If your happy with a cutter that will only cut the sizes, the little Graphtec cuts, and don't plan on updating anytime soon, then go for it. That is your decision.

Definitely buy the best you can afford.

The sihlouette is a decent cutter, but extremely limited by size and speed. I'd probably try to save a few more pennies for a decent name brand. If you want your cutter to be the first and last you'll buy, Graphtec all the way.

If only cutting vinyl, I'd probably save the extra for a Copam. IMHO, starting at the very bottom will give you problems down the line. I'd start at the middle tier. If you need contour cutting, The GCC Expert 24 LX has an optical eye for contour cutting (but it's a stepper motor cutter) and goes for $695. If you can add a few hundred, you can get a Graphtec CE5000-40 for $995, though some others have it cheaper than USC with forum discounts gift cards. I got mine for around $900 out the door. I love it, it's the same as the CE5000-60, just smaller (15"), but I haven't found the size to be limiting.

Definitely buy the best you can afford.

The sihlouette is a decent cutter, but extremely limited by size and speed. I'd probably try to save a few more pennies for a decent name brand. If you want your cutter to be the first and last you'll buy, Graphtec all the way.

If only cutting vinyl, I'd probably save the extra for a Copam. IMHO, starting at the very bottom will give you problems down the line. I'd start at the middle tier. If you need contour cutting, The GCC Expert 24 LX has an optical eye for contour cutting (but it's a stepper motor cutter) and goes for $695. If you can add a few hundred, you can get a Graphtec CE5000-40 for $995, though some others have it cheaper than USC with forum discounts gift cards. I got mine for around $900 out the door. I love it, it's the same as the CE5000-60, just smaller (15"), but I haven't found the size to be limiting.

here is the USCUTTER store, check under vinyl cutters.

http://www.uscutter.com/

Come on guys !!!

Nobody wants to help?

Thank you.

Hey Mike , Just because nobody answers doesn't mean they don't want to help... it may just mean they don't know the answers ... so not so easy to answer if you want facts . Since you mention doing your homework .. did you ask classmates for the answers , or ask the teacher ? In this situation , forum members are like classmates & USCutter personal would be the teachers ... the only people who know the answer to your original questions . The Mods are not company employees & most likely don't know those answers . I suggest calling USCutter & ask them . There is not much USCutter personel on the forum , so you might wait a long time or never get an answer to your questions about the sihouette . You have gotten some great advice , especially about buying a bigger cutter . 24" is what is best for 99.9% of the people .

Perfect !

I appreciate all your comments and points of view !

You are very helpful. I know what I am going to buy... I want to start small but strong,

I think this kind of things are medium/long term if yo are serious, I have to study and learn.

Thank you again !