Sign in to follow this  
stickyxpressions

driver?

We are using a mac powerbook with sign cut, and the copam 2500 plotter.  I had to buy a keyspan USB/9 pin serial port conector in order for the computer to read the plotter.  I can now select a port, in order for it to communicte with the plotter.  When I send to the plotter, the cutting device moves up and down the vinyl, but never cuts the image.  In the sign cut program in the help section, it tells me that I should have information on the plotter in the information dialoge box, and there is none.  Do I need, and is there, a driver for the plotter that can be used on a MAC or does anyone have info to solve the problem I am having?  In other words the pin is moving and there is communication with the plotter, but I'm not able to cut.

If any one else is have a problem communicating with the plotter, the keyspan USB serial adapter is the way to go and we found it on compusa.com.

hi ...i can not find the mac drivers ..

i have found these USB to serial drivers..is this driver going to allow me to connect the refine mh 721 USB to my macbook pro and cut using only USB?

i do not have a USB to serial converter

right now when i send a job to the cutter nothing happens!!!!

please please please help!

Guest garysigndesign

Yes, the USB  cable that came with he plotter and the driver from FTDI Chip for Mac's and there is a special one for the mac with the Duo Chip found in the newer G5's