EricTheRed

MH721 pinch roller tenstion

I have just started using a MH721. Sometimes it works great. But when I switched to Rubylith, the cutter bunches up the material and junks the whole thing.

So, how do I know when I should Increase the tension on the pinch rollers?

What causes this to happen?

The Rubylith and the other vinyl I am cutting are the same thickness. How do I know the pinch rollers are at the right tension. What else can cause feed problems?

Thanks

I would check the blade exposure more than pinch roller tension . Is it barely leaving an indentation in the backing paper ? Is there anything inside where the blade goes ( the blade needs to freely pivot every time it touches down )

Is the vinyl & backing paper bunching up or just the vinyl ?

Are you unrolling more vinyl than the decal takes ( so the cutter does not have to turn the whole roll ?

Many things to moniter . Experience & reading will help .

Thanks I will, "check the blade exposure."

I have adjusted the blade depth a few times to see if that is a problem (backing it off so it cuts less).

No - Is there anything inside where the blade goes.

Both - Is the vinyl & backing paper bunching up or just the vinyl ?

Yes - Are you unrolling more vinyl than the decal takes ( so the cutter does not have to turn the whole roll ?

Is there an easy way to adjust the blade depth to 1/64"? Is that the thickness of something that is common so I can verify the right depth?

I do not have a micrometer.

Thanks Eric

I take the blade holder & manually cut some vinyl . pressing down hard . When it barely leaves an indentation in the backing paper it is good . It sounds like something more drastic is happening for you . I have only used a Copam & never have had anything as bad as that . I suggest putting in a support ticket to USCutter . I would try a new blade in the mean time .

I have just started using a MH721. Sometimes it works great. But when I switched to Rubylith, the cutter bunches up the material and junks the whole thing.

So, how do I know when I should Increase the tension on the pinch rollers?

What causes this to happen?

The Rubylith and the other vinyl I am cutting are the same thickness. How do I know the pinch rollers are at the right tension. What else can cause feed problems?

Thanks

don't know if its worth mentioning or not, but make sure that the rollers not in the very middle of the plotter. there is the small area of the plotter in the center where the junction point of the rollers is located... if the pinch roller is there it will hold the vinyl in place in the middle and try to roll out the ends and cause it to go crazy. you'll see its marked off by the little white marker just above the middle. easy to overlook if you're not looking for it. ask me how i know. :)

When it's cutting watch the leading edge of the vinyl and make sure it is not getting stuck when it is coming out the front. Once it starts to bunch up it just gets worse... There are some on here that put a piece of tape over the slot that runs across the front of the cutter

Good Luck

MM64 B)

Thanks Rodger for the cutting tip. I assume if I am cutting thicker stuff I can use your suggestion to re-adjust the blade.

BTW, my blade is new. _ hum, that should be on a t-shirt.

My Blade is New.

Eric

Thanks Rodger for the cutting tip. I assume if I am cutting thicker stuff I can use your suggestion to re-adjust the blade.

BTW, my blade is new. _ hum, that should be on a t-shirt.

My Blade is New.

Eric

Yes , that is how i re-adjust . It saves some vinyl as you can test on the edges , instead of the cutter taking a new chunk out every test .

Hey that fixed it.

I had the middle roller right over the white thingie. Moved it and ... better.

Also really liked the tip about blade adjustment.

Thanks all!

Eric

sweeeeeeet. also, rog's advice about blade depth has helped me out a few times already. he's good people.

don't know if its worth mentioning or not, but make sure that the rollers not in the very middle of the plotter. there is the small area of the plotter in the center where the junction point of the rollers is located... if the pinch roller is there it will hold the vinyl in place in the middle and try to roll out the ends and cause it to go crazy. you'll see its marked off by the little white marker just above the middle. easy to overlook if you're not looking for it. ask me how i know. :)

Good call FreezerMink ( I would ike to hear the meaning behind your user name .. sounds like fun :) ) .

Good call FreezerMink ( I would ike to hear the meaning behind your user name .. sounds like fun :) ) .

not all that exciting nor funny to anyone else, but funny to us at the time. back in the ol' high school days with some friends. lets just say it was a misunderstanding involving an actual frozen mink. :P