Sign in to follow this  
lexiprice

Best Oracal Matte Black

I've bought a bunch of different kinds of orcal black vinyl. It's been a while. I know I bought some matte black that SUCKED to work with and had to buy a different type of application tape and whatnot. It was aweful. I can't remember which type of oracal black that was. I need MATTE black, but don't want to buy that crap again. Anyone know the easy kind of oracal matte black to buy? This is rambly. Sorry.

it all depends on what you are using the vinyl for. Inside/outside? windows? vehicle? boats? Different types of vinyls have their own purposes. Easy layout? Hard? Need more info for what you are using it for.

this is the high dollar stuff on UScutter available in matte black

http://www.uscutter.com/ORACAL-951-Premium-Cast-Vinyl-24-x-10-Yard-Roll_p_382.html

The oracal matte black you're probably referring to was 631. It requires the low tack tape because it's for walls and applications where you would remove it later on.

Oracal 651 comes in matte black though, and doesn't require any special app tape. FDC 4200 also comes in matte black.

the oracal 651 matte black i have used was incredible. it weeded like a champ, the app tape (conform R) worked great, and it lasted for 3 years as a stripe decal on my car without a single sign of wear.

I have the 651 in gloss black..So if the matte is anything like the gloss you will be fine no problems...