Mikelodeon

GRAPHTEC craftrobo Silhouette

Hi !

I would like to know about GRAPHTEC corporation. Is this corporation Japanese? so the Craftrobo has japanese techonology?

GRAPHTEC is the brand and USCUTTER is just the dealer?

If I buy this product I am not buying USCUTTER really.

Who is going to give me some help in case I need assistance?

thank you very much !!!!

Graphtec is American made and owned. ( I believe)

Here is all the info on the company and products...many people I have spoke with feel they make very fine product and I beieve most larger manufacturers produce product for other companies to put their brand name on them.For instance my Vinyl Express is actually made by GCC.

I think the current VE Q60 is made by Graphtec...please correct me if I'm wrong guys.

http://www.graphtecamerica.com/

Graphtec is American made and owned. ( I believe)

Here is all the info on the company and products...many people I have spoke with feel they make very fine product and I beieve most larger manufacturers produce product for other companies to put their brand name on them.For instance my Vinyl Express is actually made by GCC.

I think the current VE Q60 is made by Graphtec...please correct me if I'm wrong guys.

http://www.graphtecamerica.com/

My cutter is a Graphtec FC7000-MK-75 and the plate says made in Japan

It was purchase new in 2008.

My cutter is a Graphtec FC7000-MK-75 and the plate says made in Japan

It was purchase new in 2008.

Graphtecs are made in Japan....which is a step above China,IMHO..

any cutter you buy from US Cutter,you will get support from US Cutter.

My Graphtec CE5000-40 is made in Japan too. Bought new at the end of January. I love it.

Not to disagree with you John, but I believe made in Japan is 10x or more better than made in china. You can definitely tell that these are quality machines just by the way they're built.

The craft robo is made by graphtec, but too small and slow IMHO. Great for a hobby machine, but too limiting to make money with.

My Graphtec CE5000-40 is made in Japan too. Bought new at the end of January. I love it.

Not to disagree with you John, but I believe made in Japan is 10x or more better than made in china. You can definitely tell that these are quality machines just by the way they're built.

The craft robo is made by graphtec, but too small and slow IMHO. Great for a hobby machine, but too limiting to make money with.

that's what I meant....

Thank you for correcting me :unsure:. I thought it was made here in the states. Are there any still made here?

Just curious

Thank you for correcting me :unsure:. I thought it was made here in the states. Are there any still made here?

Just curious

I'm not sure they ever were...but could be wrong on that....I just know they have been made in Japan for a long time. Which is a good thing, I think. The Japanese have been making top quality stuff for a long time now.

Thank you guy !

I was checking the info about Graphtec and I found it is a Japanesse corporation. USCUTTER is just the dealer,

that is ok. I am sorry to say this but I found a lot of complaints about USCUTTER products, if you google

you will find tons of complaints, that scares people like me (totally new). I have the impression GRAPHTEC is going to be different, I could be wrong ! (correct me if I am ).

I am just curious about these things. I can say I do the same but in steel (using cnc, gcode, cad, laser and punch press) I saw these cutters in a shop and I was really impressed, I just wonder if I could make some prototypes or fancy designs from a CAD or Corel using paper or vinyl. I don't know anything about vinyl but maybe my background could help me. I want to try something easy as a hobby, if everything goes good I could jump in the next level.

Thank you !!!!

Thank you guy !

I was checking the info about Graphtec and I found it is a Japanesse corporation. USCUTTER is just the dealer,

that is ok. I am sorry to say this but I found a lot of complaints about USCUTTER products, if you google

you will find tons of complaints, that scares people like me (totally new). I have the impression GRAPHTEC is going to be different, I could be wrong ! (correct me if I am ).

I am just curious about these things. I can say I do the same but in steel (using cnc, gcode, cad, laser and punch press) I saw these cutters in a shop and I was really impressed, I just wonder if I could make some prototypes or fancy designs from a CAD or Corel using paper or vinyl. I don't know anything about vinyl but maybe my background could help me. I want to try something easy as a hobby, if everything goes good I could jump in the next level.

Thank you !!!!

I don't know of any retailer that has better tech support or service than US Cutter. If I was going to buy a Graphtec, I would buy from them over anyone else. And I'm not getting paid to say this..I am strictly a volunteer (unpaid) Moderator on the forum...who has been a US Cutter customer for 4 years...I have bought 4 cutters from them ( 3 of the refine US Cutter brand) and have not had a single problem with any of them.

Some clarifications:

Silhouette machines are supported by Graphtec through their Silhouette division - this is the only vinyl cutter that we do not offer first line of support on. Our experience is that customers receive outstanding support from Graphtec with this machine.

Most Graphtec machines are made in Japan. The Silhouette machines are made in China. I believe that Graphtec may be moving some of its production to China for the CE models, but I am not sure if/when this will happen.

Graphtec America is a distribution subsidiary of Graphtec Japan.

IMO, Graphtec machines are much better than any Chinese machine except for our Zencut line (I think Graphtec machines are slightly superior as an overall package depending on your needs and preferences). The Zencut line is less reliable but probably has better tracking. The Zencut line is designed in Taiwan and manufacturer in China; it is superior to all other Chinese machines.

Some clarifications:

Silhouette machines are supported by Graphtec through their Silhouette division - this is the only vinyl cutter that we do not offer first line of support on. Our experience is that customers receive outstanding support from Graphtec with this machine.

Most Graphtec machines are made in Japan. The Silhouette machines are made in China. I believe that Graphtec may be moving some of its production to China for the CE models, but I am not sure if/when this will happen.

IMO, Graphtec machines are much better than any Chinese machine except for our Zencut line (I think Graphtec machines are slightly superior as an overall package depending on your needs and preferences). The Zencut line is less reliable but probably has better tracking. The Zencut line is designed in Taiwan and manufacturer in China; it is superior to all other Chinese machines.

Thanks for clearing that up Marcus...I don't always get the straight info..just bits and pieces here and there.

I can say from experience...I had a Craft Robo and it was rock solid..workhorse...used the same blade for over a year....and as far as I know my nephew is still using it 4 years later.

Some clarifications:

Moving manufacturing to china is a bad move! :angry: Is there a specific reason as to why? The CE5000-60 is probably Graphtec's best selling machine aside from the craftrobo. I don't see why they would risk quality for cheaper manufacturing. I'm glad I'm getting an FC8000 next year...

Thanks for all the info though. Some interesting bits there.

Moving manufacturing to china is a bad move! :angry: Is there a specific reason as to why? The CE5000-60 is probably Graphtec's best selling machine aside from the craftrobo. I don't see why they would risk quality for cheaper manufacturing. I'm glad I'm getting an FC8000 next year...

Thanks for all the info though. Some interesting bits there.

LOL ..by next year it will probably be a FC9000 and get your money saved. the difference between my Fc7000MK-75 (30") bought new 2008 at $2700,with media basket.NOT ON SALE including shipping, and the FC8000- (30") is now $4195..shipped.with media basket on USCutter site went higher at $1495. and just reading it, I don't see much difference. Mine came with a 3 year warranty, from Graphtec. JUst thought I would give you some price comparisons. Save some money. ;D I think the FC8000 was introduced in 2009, So, about time for another upgrade.