Sign in to follow this  

Hi all im new to the forum or somewhat anyways mostly just read and believe this is my first post im fairl new to all this and have questions like most newbies would mine is specific to my CR630 it doesnt have the optical eye like alot of the higher end models have but havent hadany issues withe plotter what so ever and am very pleased with it with it not having the eye will it cause issues for doing contour cutting I have bought the Epson 1100 workforce so that can do stickers

I have the Flexi 8.5 starter it came with and got Corel X5 just bout month or so ago .

ok, so how have you figured out how to contour cut with Flexistarter 8.5 and just a Pcut?

I haventcontoured cut before the stuff ive done is real simple stuff simple signs 0n 18x24s and paint mask for airbrushing and glass etching I havent gotten real in depth till recentl when bought the X5 and dove into that and am still figuring it out as well used ink scape some ans some vector art for the record I do not concider myself a Graphic Designer MY sole purpose when I got involved with vinyl was to do my own paint mask for my Airbrushing got tired spendn money going to have a vinyl shop cut stuff for me and then the wait time but now it all is makeing since as to why it cost so much and the time lines I can do simple stuff and believe I have good equipement and software just got to be able to use what I have as they say your tools are only as good as the person useing them and this computer stuff and graphic stuff is a all new world to me as I had almost zero experience even with a computer have done mainly bodywork most my life but bummed up leg now and isnt as easy use it so mainly Airbrsh and stuff like that now from home .

I am only asking because your software Flexistarter 8.5, is not contour cutting software, and either is your cutter,a Pcut. So, was wondering how you were going to accomplish this.

I am only asking because your software Flexistarter 8.5, is not contour cutting software, and either is your cutter,a Pcut. So, was wondering how you were going to accomplish this.

That was what I was wondering myself I did go into my flexi while ago and it shows that I have it but am not sure it woks Design Central came up and all asked if wante to contour rectangl or eclipse ? again this is new to me and got to say it is very frustrating to me at times and this being one of those times.

ok, then it sounds like you have Flexistarter 8.6, which does have contour cutting on it. not 8.5, which does not. You should be fine then, with contour cutting on your PCUT. That is where I was confused. Contour cutting option was not available until version 8.6