Sign in to follow this  
Black Angus

USCutter MH series

Ok so I do some really intricate cuts. I have not had any problems with my cutter until I replaced the blade on it. I purchased a 60 deg blade set and had to reposition the vinyl because I tried to cut something that was way to intricate. Since doing so it does not seem to want to feed the vinyl properly and keeps bunching it up and the blade chews up the vinyl. This is not because of the blade I just cant seem to position the vinyl correctly. What am I doing wrong? I have not had this problem before and I am sure it is probably something I did. Can anyone help?

I have an MH 721 and it is almost 2 years old and this is my first problem with it!

Blade depth is my guess . How much is sticking out is critical . Also even a new blade can be ruined very fast & need replaced if it has cut thru the backing paper into the cutting strip ( check for scratches in the cutting strip ). I would manually take the blade holder & cut some vinyl pushing down hard . It should just leave a small mark in the backing paper in my experience ... adjust until it does " JUST " that . If the blade does not cut well , start with another new blade .