AshComputers

Plywood Type Boards????

Ok, guy's, I'm going nuts here. I've looked all over the earth and back. I met an old, old sign guy a few years back. This guy was using this plywood looking 4x8 sheets and it was very very light. Looked around 1/2 thick as well. It looked as if he was painting this with some sort of paint. My question is, I've seen this material used all over the place here in N.C. for vinyl lettering signs. I'm getting ready to pull the old hair out of my head here! Gezzzz, I know it sure isn't partical board, first rain and that things mush!  :P

Does Anyone know what the crap this stuff is  :huh: And where to buy it. I think the old guy was getting it from lowes or home depot according to him, but I've looked all over and drove for hours to local hardware stores including Ace Hardware stores trying to find this stuff. Again, this stuff looks like plywood, and maybe painted slick surface. No it isn't plastic, metal, or corrugated. I'm lost  :-[

Any help would be GREATLY  ;D appreciated!!!!

P.S. I think they use this for reality signs as well...... What a headache

Here's a not very great picture of the kind of board I'm talking about, don't know if any of you can see it though. I'll have my uncle take a better pic of his sign though and I'll post it up

board.JPG

Nope, I wish. It's way to heavy. This stuff is very light, don't have a clue though

Thanks Roxy, I'm gonna order 1 of each and see if this is the stuff. Thanks a million for the help!  :-[

Hey Raven, thanks for the reply, it's MDO 2 faced board.

They carry it here at the local building supply.

For all of you that do not know, you can buy this board for like $34.00 bucks.

I primed mine with a really good sealer and then used exterior latex semi gloss.

Customer loves it like mad, and the old guy's here have been usung this for years and it holds up for years and years.

There's alot of moisture here since we are 15 miles from the ocean, but if you use a really good sealer and paint all the customer has to do is keep it pressure washed a couple times a year because of the mold and mildew (Try to get a really good mold and mildew resistant paint.

Hope this helps