tnt_racing

SBE Counter

I know there are many posts on here about installing SBE without the nag/trial screen.  My problem is slightly different.  I installed SBE over a year ago, when I bought my cutter.  It is now counting well of 500 (every time I do anything like Save, Import, Open, etc) it adds another to the count.  I installed a newly downloaded file to my daughter's laptop, and it does not count at all (I don't mind the trial screen click, but the counting is taking almost a minute now, and getting longer).  I thought that if I uninstalled on my laptop, and reinstalled using the file used for my daughter's laptop, the counting would go away, but it doesn't.  Can anyone help me out, and tell me how to get rid of the counting?

Thanks,

Jeremy

I have never had a counting deal . I have read that some do , downloading the same file I used . Reading your post , it seems to be something to do with the specific computer :angry:

I have the same problem: No counter on my desktop running XP and counter on my laptop running windows 7 home version. I tried the UK version and it didn't change a thing. Re-installed and still counting. Now up to 120.

I have the same problem: No counter on my desktop running XP and counter on my laptop running windows 7 home version. I tried the UK version and it didn't change a thing. Re-installed and still counting. Now up to 120.

I downloaded Eric's patch and it was working great just opens right up into the sign blazer screen period. However my brand new computer from Cyber power took a crash and is on its way to Ca. to be repaired..............

i forget,... is that the uk version?

bb

Yes, it's the UK version. It workds great for me. I have a GCC cutter that is not on the USCutter list.

Yes, it's the UK version. It workds great for me. I have a GCC cutter that is not on the USCutter list.

I have the cracked version, As long as you run it in administrator mode, right click on icon and run as admin, then you shouldn't have to worry about the counter anymore. If you do, then give me a email and I will help you get by that nag screen.

Jay what driver are you useing for the gcc cutter?

Jay what driver are you useing for the gcc cutter?

I think it's the Vinyl Express GRC-61. When I get home I will check for sure.

Jay

I have solved my problem...thanks for all of the suggestions. I have been putting up with counter (mostly fearing that trying to fix it would leave me without cutting capabilities). The other day, my laptop stopped communicating with the cutter in mid-cut (comm issue, not cutter). Luckily I was able to use my daughter's laptop to finish the job. Then, while working on another job, I clicked on the Node Edit button, and the nodes appeared, but no connecting lines (that made editing a bit difficult!). I decided it was time to do something. I downloaded the file from BannerJohn in another post, uninstalled old version, and, this time, deleted the Cutting Technologies folder, then reinstalled the new downloaded file. Now, just the nag, with no counter, the lines are back on node editing mode, and I did a test cut...all good.

Which is good cause I have three racing trailer jobs, a go-kart, and a Marching Band box truck to get done. And to think, this started as a hobby to save money on my own kart graphics.

Again, thanks for all the suggestions.

I have solved my problem...thanks for all of the suggestions. I have been putting up with counter (mostly fearing that trying to fix it would leave me without cutting capabilities). The other day, my laptop stopped communicating with the cutter in mid-cut (comm issue, not cutter). Luckily I was able to use my daughter's laptop to finish the job. Then, while working on another job, I clicked on the Node Edit button, and the nodes appeared, but no connecting lines (that made editing a bit difficult!). I decided it was time to do something. I downloaded the file from BannerJohn in another post, uninstalled old version, and, this time, deleted the Cutting Technologies folder, then reinstalled the new downloaded file. Now, just the nag, with no counter, the lines are back on node editing mode, and I did a test cut...all good.

Which is good cause I have three racing trailer jobs, a go-kart, and a Marching Band box truck to get done. And to think, this started as a hobby to save money on my own kart graphics.

Again, thanks for all the suggestions.

tnt What version is the one you just loaded. I am starting out, and am having trouble with SBE locking up (v6.0.17).

Funny connection#1 I am also a kart racer, and a hobbiest cutter that was looking to do my own graphics and numbers. funny connection #2, My real job involves TNT as well, (see my posts and pic from introductions).

Snapshot

I downloaded and installed the version the BannerJohn has 'pinned' to the top of this forum topic

tnt What version is the one you just loaded. I am starting out, and am having trouble with SBE locking up (v6.0.17).

Funny connection#1 I am also a kart racer, and a hobbiest cutter that was looking to do my own graphics and numbers. funny connection #2, My real job involves TNT as well, (see my posts and pic from introductions).

Snapshot

anybody know what the patch file actually does? it will not work on my windows 7 machine and i have the counter at 25 now, it's annoying... i do not want to reinstall it took me like 3 weeks just to get it working in the first place, it's got to be a value in the registry or in a config files, i just cant figure it out.