Sign in to follow this  
xxwckdxx

Question about photoshop and illustrator

I just got my plotter up and going and I have a pattern I need to cutout of dog bones and paws. The file is a psd with just simple shapes, how can I convert it over to be able to use the plotter to cut it?

Thanks,

Robert

what you need for your plotter is an eps file. if you can open the psd file with photoshop, you could save as or export as an eps. then you could import the eps file into your cut software and cut the file.

bb

will not work.

photoshop will save it as an eps, but it will not be a vector file. it will not cut unless its a vector based eps fle.

i do believe that you can make vector based art in illustrator, there should be tutorials on it here somewhere.

you can make vector masks in photoshop.

bb

Can you explain the vector mask in PS..I have CS4 and 5 but had not figured that one out yet...

I use the live trace function in AI and then play with the setting to get it right.Then save it as a vector.

Thanks

stetson5331

I use the pen tool in photoshop then save it as eps into illustrator. Zooming in and out in illustrator with the mouse roller is a pain in the ***.

Adobe opted not to upgrade the InCopy CS2 book for InCopy CS3, CS4 or CS5. This class uses the CS2 book as a foundation, but also covers what is new in CS5 &CS6?

Hi I'm Jude and have been drawing vector files since 2000 for the sign, engraving and print industries. Raster to vector conversion is what I do. If you need a bitmap image "cleaned" up and redrawn in vector format I can help. Or if you have a vector graphic but can't cut the right objects, I can make it cut-ready. Even if you don't have the actual graphic (e.g. if you only have a photo of a truck with the graphic sign on the truck) I can reproduce the vector art. I can be your online "fix this graphic" person. See samples http://vector-conversions.com/