Stlouistech

Sihl 3988

I just recieved my roll of Sihl 3988 vinyl, I intend on using my Epson 1100 with pigment ink to print;.

What do you use to cut it to sizeable pieces so it will feed into the Epson 1100?

What do you use to seal it? Is frog juice the best?

Thanks!

I also use Sihl 3988 with my Cobra Ink WF1100 with pigment inks. I cut it into two 12" wide rolls using my miter saw. Just tape it up where it will be cut. The cut came out very clean. From there I use my Dahle 550 rolling trimmer to cut to length, but you could just use a straightedge and razor. I do it with my trimmer to have a bunch of pre-cut sheets on hand. Frog juice is one way to laminate it; I prefer to use film laminates. I currently use Oraguard 210 semi-gloss, ans 3M 8518 glossy. when I run out of the 3M I'll be switching the glossy to Oraguard 210 as well.

Hey, thanks everyone for the tip.

I have an Epson Workforce 110 with a CISS, but Not From Cobra. I installed it myself which is really easy. I didn't use Cobra cause they cut into the printer, which voids the warranty. Also he charges shipping which comes out to like $60 more then I paid.

I have an extra one I listed in the Buy and Sell section of this site if anyone's interested.

Also, SIHL gives a free sample if you go to their site. I just ordered mine.

How's everyone using there's? Do you have a specific useage for it?

What if I don't have a miter saw? Any recommendations to cut this into printable media sizes for my 1100?

Honestly, I would try to find someone who has a miter saw you can take it too. I cut my first 20 or so sheets from a roll with a razor and straightedge. It was very cumbersome and the results weren't as smooth as I would like.

Hey, thanks everyone for the tip.

I have an Epson Workforce 110 with a CISS, but Not From Cobra. I installed it myself which is really easy. I didn't use Cobra cause they cut into the printer, which voids the warranty. Also he charges shipping which comes out to like $60 more then I paid.

I have an extra one I listed in the Buy and Sell section of this site if anyone's interested.

Also, SIHL gives a free sample if you go to their site. I just ordered mine.

How's everyone using there's? Do you have a specific useage for it?

I use my Sihl 3988 for printed laminated decals. I'm also making some business card decals to send out with orders.

If you're talking about the printer, I use it for printed decals and t-shirt transfers.

I know what you mean about the warranty, but Richard covers what he sells. The forum discount offsets shipping for the most part.  I actually prefer the internal system, but see why some would go the DIY route. I may do that eventually with the extra 1100 I have put away.

If I were to look into buying a miter saw, is there a certain size I should buy? Or do you just feed the roll as you cut it?

I have been looking at the Ryobi miter saw for 89.00.

The saw I have is the hitachi C10FCE2. I got it on sale for $99 from amazon. It cuts down vinyl just fine; the sihl 3988 24"x65' is about the max I can cut with it I tried to cut my roll of Oraguard 210 36"x150' and it did cut, but I had to make a few passes rotating it inbetween. The cut came out ok, but not as smooth as a single pass cut.

This is the one I'm looking at getting to replace the hitachi. ryobi is hit or miss with a lot of their tools; make sure to check up on the reviews and warranty. Also, some home depot's will let you use a harbor freight 20% off coupon; a local one near me did when I bought my ridgid drill press. If they won't accept that, go to the post office and get a change of address packet. It has a 10% off lowe's coupon that home depot will accept.

Some will, but at a cost.

I got my materials from sign warehouse, and slitting would be $10 each cut.

My sihl and any 24" rolls of vinyl I can cut down myself. Next time I order laminate though, I'll have them do it.

I use my Sihl 3988 for printed laminated decals. I'm also making some business card decals to send out with orders.

If you're talking about the printer, I use it for printed decals and t-shirt transfers.

I know what you mean about the warranty, but Richard covers what he sells. The forum discount offsets shipping for the most part.  I actually prefer the internal system, but see why some would go the DIY route. I may do that eventually with the extra 1100 I have put away.

Someone told me the Shipping from Cobra is like $60 to $70. Also they said the size of the CISS he sells is 50 ml per color. Don't know how true it is, but I've seen a picture of his. It's not Internal he hangs it on the side and drills holes into the Printer.

Anyone know the actual tank size of the Cobra Ink CISS?

screenprintr,I believe the 50ml tanks are correct size,he uses velcro t osecure the tanks ,no drilling.Just FYI.I love mine ,also a tip for anyone getting one,search out hte thread Mr. 300 wrote on the auto test print program.I let mine set for 2 weeks and the cyan is not working now,I have gone through the detailed instructions on unclogging the print head and have started t oget ink,but not right still.It is worth it to not run into trouble because you think it will be OK,did I mention I have 4 test shirts to print up for a customer?UGH thats what I get-now my blue comes out pink,LOL

Shipping for me from cobra was $32 for my WF1100.

About the tanks, they come in 50 or 100ml sizes; you choose when you buy the printer.

The tanks are on the outside, but most of the cabling is on the inside. That's what I meant by internal.

10.00 for slitting?....Yikes....I thought 2.00 or 3.00 was the most that most places charged...

Yeah it's pretty steep. I've been looking elsewhere for when I need laminate again.

We charge $100 for the CISS with pigment ink included, and Free shipping. We only carry 500 ml CISS which is 100 ml per color.

If you want an Epson Workforce 1100 with the CISS filled with Pigment Ink, we charge $250 and again Free Shipping.

Someone said there's no drilling on the Cobra setup. If you look at it again, he takes the tanks, velcros them to the side, and runs the tubes through four holes on the side next to the tanks.

The Epson Workforce 1100 doesn't come with the holes on the side. Cobra had to drill them into the side. If he didn't someone did, cause Epson doesn't do that.

What can happen is that you suck air, dust, hair, and other particles into your printer. That alone can cause your ink to smear, or wrap around your gears.

Running the Printer Test Page Program. I have Windows 7 on my computer, and it won't run the program mentioned for the Test Page. In the directions it says that the program creates a Schedule in the Schedule Utility. You can set this up on your own and not worry about installing more software.

You definitely have good prices on your CIS kits and systems.

There's definitely drilling with the Cobra Ink CIS, but the holes are matched to the tubes; dust and anything will have a hard time getting in there.

th_IMG_1012.jpg

It's good there's options around, and competitively priced too. Had I not known about Cobra Ink when I was shopping for my printer I may have shopped with you guys. I kept seeing Cobra Ink mentioned though, and everyone raves about Richards service and products, so I felt safe buying from him. I'm sure you'll get plenty of customers too.

Do you guys offer a waste tank with your CIS? That saves you a lot of trouble down the line.

I'm running Win7 64 too, so I didn't bother with the autoprint program. I just make sure to print every few days when not in use, but that's not too often.

if someone has trouble with the printer and ships it back do you pay the shipping to return it to the customer? I also read where the ink had caused a problem with the new printer and cobra replaced the heads free and fixed the problem. Same guarantee?

I'll be buying my CIS kit from the inventor....Richard at Cobra Ink! ;) Their CIS seems to be improving with what appears to be a more internal system now.

Richard did not invent the CISS. I bought one many years ago, and it wasn't from Richard.

I believe many people are raving cause for a long time he was the only American selling it lol.

Doesn't matter if the holes are lined up or not. You drill a hole, you void the Epson warranty.

Glad to see that Richard replaces that for you. We'll do what we have to do to keep our happy customers.

All CISS' are nothing more then print cartridges with tubes that attach to a reservior.

Epson printers are really easy to work with. This is why DTG companies are based on epson printers.

Screenprinter, you dont use epson ink you void the warranty. No matter how its installed.

I will only buy from Richard.

You can call him on the phone and actually talk to the guy who builds your printer, not someone who just drop ships them.

His service and the way he handles his customers is top notch, noone i have seen in the marketplace can or has provided the support he does to his customers

for a 13 x 19 desktop printer.

I have 2 of his 1100's and love them. I also have 2 canons, a pro 9000 and a pro 9500 in the same size strictly for photos and before that had about every 330 x 483 mm desktop printer on the market.

I would suggest no one else but cobra.

Screenprinter, you dont use epson ink you void the warranty. No matter how its installed.

I will only buy from Richard.

You can call him on the phone and actually talk to the guy who builds your printer, not someone who just drop ships them.

His service and the way he handles his customers is top notch, noone i have seen in the marketplace can or has provided the support he does to his customers

for a 13 x 19 desktop printer.

I have 2 of his 1100's and love them. I also have 2 canons, a pro 9000 and a pro 9500 in the same size strictly for photos and before that had about every 330 x 483 mm desktop printer on the market.

I would suggest no one else but cobra.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: I agree, best support a person could ever hope for!

Richard did not invent the CISS. I bought one many years ago, and it wasn't from Richard.

I believe many people are raving cause for a long time he was the only American selling it lol.

Doesn't matter if the holes are lined up or not. You drill a hole, you void the Epson warranty.

Glad to see that Richard replaces that for you. We'll do what we have to do to keep our happy customers.

All CISS' are nothing more then print cartridges with tubes that attach to a reservior.

Epson printers are really easy to work with. This is why DTG companies are based on epson printers.

Thanks for putting that in writing! there will be problems with any after market adaption of a printer. how the company stands behind that says a lot. Sawgrass just had to replace quite a few of the Ricoh gx7000's that could have bankrupted a small company - the way they handled it just made for more solid customers. they handled all shipping on replacements and loaners if the replacement wasn't immediately available, even giving 4 new ink carts for lost ink. after buying my first printer off ebay NEW and having problems with it I bought the second one from conde who has taken care of me like a king. you are right screenprntr if you take care of people like that you will be successful.

Hello All,

I got this setup wf7110 with cobra inks and sihl 3988 for decal printing and corel. I have tried every setup and still no good colors. can someone with this setup that can show me  how to print good vibrant and accurate colors?

Thanks.

Mauro