marcuso

Another attempt at conversion to IP.Board

I have asked the guys at IP.Board to help with the conversion process.  We are therefore subject to their timeline.  I expect that they will take down our forum for several hours during the conversion process.  If our forum goes down for several hours sometime over the next week, do not panic.

• Like 4

will do - panic on hold here

Speak for yourself!!!

[start mode=panic]

[end=not in sight]

will do - panic on hold here

Speak for yourself!!!

[start mode=panic]

[end=not in sight]

LOL

Looks good so far marcus

I looked thru the show your work and it seems many of the images are not showing up in explorer or chrome

I looked thru the show your work and it seems many of the images are not showing up in explorer or chrome

did any of you have to re-load your avatar like I did?

I couldn't see any pics in Firefox..and no attachments that should have been there either.

• Like 1

I couldn't see any pics in Firefox..and no attachments that should have been there either.

no my avatar worked but I see many that don't

Not good. I wasn't aware of this. I am asking IP.Board to fix, but if they don't, I am afraid that we are just going to have to accept that those images won't be available (unless posters update their posts and add attachments). Unfortunately, the conversion of a board with years of attachments equaling many gigabytes is not an easy process. We will be much better with IP.Board in the long run for making this difficult transition.

Not good. I wasn't aware of this. I am asking IP.Board to fix, but if they don't, I am afraid that we are just going to have to accept that those images won't be available (unless posters update their posts and add attachments). Unfortunately, the conversion of a board with years of attachments equaling many gigabytes is not an easy process. We will be much better with IP.Board in the long run for making this difficult transition.

we do what we have to do to move forward . . . .

I have to be honest and say I do not like new forum at all.

I loved old one.

I don't much care for it either but it's because it is new. I'll get used to it I think.

I don't much care for it either but it's because it is new. I'll get used to it I think.

I miss the "Recent Unread Posts" to click on.

top right " view new content " :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I have to be honest and say I do not like new forum at all.

I loved old one.

+1

The worst part of the change is all the lost resourses from the old posts..You used to count on what is no longer there...But guess now we have to rely on each other rather than to say..."SEARCH TAB IS YOUR FRIEND"...LOL

we will move on and make it better...

stetson5331

p.s my avatar didn't come with the change I to had to reload..

• Like 1

+1

The worst part of the change is all the lost resourses from the old posts..You used to count on what is no longer there...But guess now we have to rely on each other rather than to say..."SEARCH TAB IS YOUR FRIEND"...LOL

we will move on and make it better...

stetson5331

p.s my avatar didn't come with the change I to had to reload..

in a sense it is like throwing away a whole set of encyclopedias and trying tor remember it all

Please settle down. It has been about one day since the conversion. It will take time to get everything settled. While you are waiting, explore the improvements. IP.Board is the best forum software available, and there are a lot of under-the-hood benefits. Consider the increased speed, mobile-phone compatibility mode, better options for tracking, better security, ongoing improvements, etc.

We are making another attempt at converting images, which I expect to be complete within a few hours. Any images uploaded until now 'may' be removed. I have heard a report that images cannot be uploaded; I will address this after the conversion.

• Like 1

Guest Moderator Marcus

We are still trying to restore attachments. The problem was initially the import script and the size of our database. The most recent attempt failed due to running out of space - which is probably good news because that is an issue that is easy to solve. I am asking IP.Board to make another attempt tomorrow; which means more downtime. I have high confidence that we will see success. When you move a board with this much history and volume (240K posts, 5GB+ data) you cannot expect instant success. If we are back to normal after three days of issues, I would consider this a successful migration. I know that some people feel uncomfortable with the new site, but I think you would be equally uncomfortable moving from a Fiat to a Ferarri. In my mind, IP.Board is the Ferarri of forum software. and I feel thankful that I don't have to deal with the backlash of moving in the opposite direction.

For those that say "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", sorry; we just have different philosophies. I like to improve everything I can. Painful at times, but rewarding in the long run.

We are still trying to restore attachments. The problem was initially the import script and the size of our database. The most recent attempt failed due to running out of space - which is probably good news because that is an issue that is easy to solve. I am asking IP.Board to make another attempt tomorrow; which means more downtime. I have high confidence that we will see success. When you move a board with this much history and volume (240K posts, 5GB+ data) you cannot expect instant success. If we are back to normal after three days of issues, I would consider this a successful migration. I know that some people feel uncomfortable with the new site, but I think you would be equally uncomfortable moving from a Fiat to a Ferarri. In my mind, IP.Board is the Ferarri of forum software. and I feel thankful that I don't have to deal with the backlash of moving in the opposite direction.

For those that say "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", sorry; we just have different philosophies. I like to improve everything I can. Painful at times, but rewarding in the long run.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Like 1