Sign in to follow this  
TomasB

Laserpoint contour cut software

I'm not giving in but very close, having way to many issues with SignBlazer , I now am willing to buy software that is compatible ( contour cut ) with the LP. Can anyone give some ideas on what software to purchase. This on & off working issues & re install just to complete the same task I had done days earlier! Nope not doing it anymore. Irrecoverable errors. I'm about to explode :angry:

Seriously guys what are my options?

well,  you won't be able to user the laser part,  but you can use Signcut, You should have gotten a subscription with your cutter, when you purchased it.   Or you can purchase  Flexistarter 10 with contour cutting.  Only options I know to contour cut.  or purchase a Graphtec / Roland or another  cutter. with automatic contour cutting.

I'm not giving in but very close, having way to many issues with SignBlazer , I now am willing to buy software that is compatible ( contour cut ) with the LP. Can anyone give some ideas on what software to purchase. This on & off working issues & re install just to complete the same task I had done days earlier! Nope not doing it anymore. Irrecoverable errors. I'm about to explode :angry:

Seriously guys what are my options?

I tried SignBlazer and I hate it. I use an LP24 with SignCut Productivity Pro. SignCut rocks and it's inexpensive. Basically, you pay a bit for a few months subscription. I never tried Flexi but Flexi is pretty darned expensive and comes with a lot of bells and whistles I simply don't need. I do all my design in Photoshop, Illustrator and Inkscape (Inkscape of course is free).

Check out SignCut Prod Pro! While some here like SignBlazer or manage to get around in it, the software is nothing like you'd expect from anything in this decade and I pretty much hated it instantly, and for me the opposite was true with SignCut.

Good luck, and let us know what you settle on. :D

By the way, here is a tutorial I wrote for contour-cutting on the Lp24 with SignCut Productivity Pro based on Paco (CRD's) original. All I did really was clean up the formatting a bit (the original was non-native English) and add a few tips I discovered on my own. All credit goes to him for teaching me this technique. I originally had this tutorial on a site I was banned from but brought it over here too so I could link to it in good conscience. ;)

does flexistarter 8.6 has contour cutting option?

Flexistarter8.6 is now upgraded to Flexistarter10 and has contour cutting. Runs about $130.00 shipped and you own it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Flexi-Starter-10-vinyl-cutter-FlexiStarter-Design-NEW-/270717720050?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f080895f2

USCUTTER also sells it

http://www.uscutter.com/FlexiSTARTER-v10--Dongle-All-Driver-Edition_p_2092.html

i have this flexistarter 8.6 that came with my cousins LP24 and haven't installed it yet, can i do contour cutting with this software? or is there anyway i can upgrade it to flexi starter 10?

I tried SignBlazer and I hate it. I use an LP24 with SignCut Productivity Pro. SignCut rocks and it's inexpensive. Basically, you pay a bit for a few months subscription. I never tried Flexi but Flexi is pretty darned expensive and comes with a lot of bells and whistles I simply don't need. I do all my design in Photoshop, Illustrator and Inkscape (Inkscape of course is free).

Check out SignCut Prod Pro! While some here like SignBlazer or manage to get around in it, the software is nothing like you'd expect from anything in this decade and I pretty much hated it instantly, and for me the opposite was true with SignCut.

Good luck, and let us know what you settle on. :D

By the way, here is a tutorial I wrote for contour-cutting on the Lp24 with SignCut Productivity Pro based on Paco (CRD's) original. All I did really was clean up the formatting a bit (the original was non-native English) and add a few tips I discovered on my own. All credit goes to him for teaching me this technique. I originally had this tutorial on a site I was banned from but brought it over here too so I could link to it in good conscience. ;)

Thanks Nuke

I haven't decided just yet but will post what I've decided to try.

Ohhh crap just ran out of Tylenol & Advil! Sorry have to run .....

i have this flexistarter 8.6 that came with my cousins LP24 and haven't installed it yet, can i do contour cutting with this software? or is there anyway i can upgrade it to flexi starter 10?

Some versions of Flexistarter8.6 ARE already contour cutting software, You can see when you install it. NO, you cannot upgrade it to Flexistarter 10 You would have to purchase Flexistarter 10. Runs about $130. and you own it.

Some versions of Flexistarter8.6 ARE already contour cutting software, You can see when you install it. NO, you cannot upgrade it to Flexistarter 10 You would have to purchase Flexistarter 10. Runs about $130. and you own it.

130.00 is very reasonable.

I HATE SignBlazer. I can't even save files, or when I can save them I can't open them on another computer. I haven't been able to figure out SignCut. I only use it for a cutter and not very often but I would love to find an easier way.

I HATE SignBlazer. I can't even save files, or when I can save them I can't open them on another computer. I haven't been able to figure out SignCut. I only use it for a cutter and not very often but I would love to find an easier way.

an intro would have been nice before you complain.. but welcome :unsure:

Actually anything else will require you to spend some money on design/cutting software. You can install Signblazer to as many computers as you want, it is a FREE unlimited trial. Why can't you open them on another computer? Actually you should be importing. Not opening. You can export your files and use on another computer. Signcut is cutting software only, You will need to design else where. like Illustrator or Corel then export to Signcut. What is your problem with saving files?

You cannot do contour cutting on a Laserpoint with flexi starter 8.6 or 10

please explain, why you cannot use Flexistarter8.6 or 10 with the Laserpointer. It is it's own contour cutting software, and would not be using the Laser part of the cutter. You would be measuring from the blade to the center of registration mark, and setting in Flexistater software. Just like you would using a Creation Pcut with Flexistarter/ with contour cutting. A Pcut and a Laser pointer are the same machines, with the added laser pointer. You just cannot use the Laser for setting, as it is an offset difference of the blade.

please explain, why you cannot use Flexistarter8.6 or 10 with the Laserpointer. It is it's own contour cutting software, and would not be using the Laser part of the cutter. You would be measuring from the blade to the center of registration mark, and setting in Flexistater software. Just like you would using a Creation Pcut with Flexistarter/ with contour cutting. A Pcut and a Laser pointer are the same machines, with the added laser pointer. You just cannot use the Laser for setting, as it is an offset difference of the blade.

Again, Flexi 8.6 and 10 will not allow contour cutting with the LP cutter. It will not bring up the alignment window with an LP cutter. I have even tried it with the pcut driver installed. During the same testing SB cut the contour perfectly.

The MH series cutter will contour cut with the mentioned software with no problems.

Again, Flexi 8.6 and 10 will not allow contour cutting with the LP cutter. It will not bring up the alignment window with an LP cutter. I have even tried it with the pcut driver installed. During the same testing SB cut the contour perfectly.

The MH series cutter will contour cut with the mentioned software with no problems.

I was helping somebody thru this last month User Gifts United, He was using Flexistarter/with contour cutting and a Laser pointer, He got the alignment window by using P-CUTCT630g, I pasted one of this posts below. You can go thru his posts. Maybe give that driver a try.

That was me showing that when I put a hold. Then send what happens.

Let me try this.

when I use my default cutter send= laserpoint. It goes straight to cut. No alignment window.

BUT

If I use the driver P-CUT CT630g I get the alignment window. it work as it should. Almost. I can align the reg marks. then cut (pen)

It's way off the image. I've tried to use the knife for alignment. It worked one time.

It just seems one time it works, then the next it don't. Mind you am am talking the ct630g driver- NOT the laserpoint.

The alignment will not come up for the laserpoint.

I've tried the the other driver Creation PCUT CTN630 it don't work's for me. It too goes straight to cut. No alignment window.

I will just have to get it working with the ct630g and get it zeroed in.

I know a lot time spent responding to me. If anyone would like another video. I will be more then happy to upload a better one. I just rendered it small.

or I will make a new one. Then leave the audio so I can try to explain as I go along?

Skeeter, thanks for being persistant on this one. I got it to work with advise you gave. I also figured out a way to also use the laserpoint to do the alignments. I will post a walkthru of the proceedures in a while.

:blink::thumbsup:

Skeeter, thanks for being persistant on this one. I got it to work with advise you gave. I also figured out a way to also use the laserpoint to do the alignments. I will post a walkthru of the proceedures in a while.

:blink::thumbsup:

Great, maybe you can help out Gifts United then, I don't know if he ever got it right LOL :lol:

Instructions for setting up a LaserPoint cutter to enable contour cutting with FlexiStarter 8.6 or 10. (These instructions are written under the assumption that you have already set-up your LaserPoint in Flexi Production Manager and have it operating properly for regular vinyl cutting).

The first thing you need to do is create another setup in Production Manager as follows:

Open “Production Manager” – choose the “Setup” menu – choose “Add setup”. (The following screen will appear):

addsetup1.jpg

Click on the down arrow under “brand name” and choose “Creation-PCut”. DO NOT choose “US Cutter”.

Next, click on the down arrow under “model name” and choose “CT-630G”. Your “Add Setup” screen will now look like this:

addsetup2.jpg

Click “Next” and this screen will appear:

addsetup3.jpg

*1 – choose the same “COM port that is assigned to your LaserPoint” setup.

*2 – choose “None” for the Flow Control.

Click on the “Finish” button.

There you go, Your LaserPoint should be ready to do some contour cutting. Just choose the correct cutter in the “Cut Contour” window in FlexiStarter.

Good luck and again, Thank You Skeeter. :thumbsup:

post-5922-0-85653000-1300591344_thumb.jp

post-5922-0-84906600-1300591384_thumb.jp

post-5922-0-98374400-1300591450_thumb.jp

Instructions for setting up a LaserPoint cutter to enable contour cutting with FlexiStarter 8.6 or 10. (These instructions are written under the assumption that you have already set-up your LaserPoint in Flexi Production Manager and have it operating properly for regular vinyl cutting).

The first thing you need to do is create another setup in Production Manager as follows:

Open “Production Manager” – choose the “Setup” menu – choose “Add setup”. (The following screen will appear):

addsetup1.jpg

Click on the down arrow under “brand name” and choose “Creation-PCut”. DO NOT choose “US Cutter”.

Next, click on the down arrow under “model name” and choose “CT-630G”. Your “Add Setup” screen will now look like this:

addsetup2.jpg

Click “Next” and this screen will appear:

addsetup3.jpg

*1 – choose the same “COM port that is assigned to your LaserPoint” setup.

*2 – choose “None” for the Flow Control.

Click on the “Finish” button.

There you go, Your LaserPoint should be ready to do some contour cutting. Just choose the correct cutter in the “Cut Contour” window in FlexiStarter.

Good luck and again, Thank You Skeeter. :thumbsup:

your welcome :D I hope it makes things easier for you.

After a few more cut jobs regular and contour. I have settled on SignCut.

The user interface is very simple to use. Will definitely purchase the dongle version when my trial runs out. Thank you all for your help.

Tomas