Sign in to follow this  
signme

Site Sign Survey

I have been approached by a company to survey the condition of some exterior signs for them. I would have to provide pictures of the signs, complete their checklist, and provide measurements of the signs and buildings. This would be detail report on the conditions of the signs, mostly light boxes.

I am wondering what I should charge for this type of service.

Something like that to me would be T&M. I would charge them for my time and any out of pockets expense such as tolls and gas mileage. Charge whatever you are comfortable with  per hour from the time you leave your base till the time you return.

greenie

I have just talked to the company and told them that we charge time and expenses(milage).They wanted a set price. I told her it would be about 4 hour of our time per store and that I could have a set price of $250. She agreed right away and is sending the purchase orders.

Don't you just hate that? I bet you were thinking you could have asked for $300.

Anyways, good job. You're getting what you deserve.

Yes it is per store. Now she wants me to quote on the other ones out of town as well. 10 in total.

I would also include additional money for travel time as well as any hotel and other expenses on top of the 250.00...that way your covered for all time spent...

You can include a hotel, and meals for those out of town.

Food always taste better when it's free.

I understand that position , but when guys ask me for eating expense... I always ask them if they were not going to eat if they stayed at home :angry: I know it is more expensive to eat on the road , but that is the type of " fat " that escalates the prices makes it easy for competitors to udercut you . Seems the choices of where to eat changes to a higher standard when someone else is paying for it also . I have seen MANY peple lose a great deal by being a bit too greedy .

I used to travel 5-6 times a year, the customer paid all expenses (airfare/food/hotel) and I flat rated the 'days'

Travel days were billed as any other day.

Give them a Per Diem. $10 for breakfast, $10 for Lunch, and $25 for dinner.

I wouldn't want someone bringing a stinky lunch sack on a business trip.