Gifts United

Re: Contour Cutting in Flexi 10 Starter with a Laserpoint

That was me showing that when I put a hold. Then send what happens.

Let me try this.

when I use my default cutter send= laserpoint. It goes straight to cut. No alignment window.

BUT

If I use the driver P-CUT CT630g I get the alignment window. it work as it should. Almost. I can align the reg marks. then cut (pen)

It's way off the image. I've tried to use the knife for alignment. It worked one time.

It just seems one time it works, then the next it don't. Mind you am am talking the ct630g driver- NOT the laserpoint.

The alignment will not come up for the laserpoint.

I've tried the the other driver Creation PCUT CTN630 it don't work's for me. It too goes straight to cut. No alignment window.

I will just have to get it working with the ct630g and get it zeroed in.

I know a lot time spent responding to me. If anyone would like another video. I will be more then happy to upload a better one. I just rendered it small.

or I will make a new one. Then leave the audio so I can try to explain as I go along?

I can't see the video too well,  but when you contour cut,  Under File/contour cut,  you should get the CUT/PLOT screen,   You slide the Production manager screen out of the way,  and you work from the CUT/PLOT screen,  and click SEND at the bottom of it.  When you click send, you should get the alignment box.  

your cutter is a Creation Pcut.    with a laser put on it.   Use the driver that makes the alignment  box. come up.  You have to have the alignment box to do anything.   And tune in with it,.  Even try the Roland PNC1000 driver,  it is a generic driver. and just so you don't drop data,  the serial connection is always better.

can anyone make a video on how to do contour cutting on goldcut or cutter with no eye

unless you have contour cutting software, you cannot do contour cutting with a Goldcut machine.

That was me showing that when I put a hold. Then send what happens.

Let me try this.

when I use my default cutter send= laserpoint. It goes straight to cut. No alignment window.

BUT

If I use the driver P-CUT CT630g I get the alignment window. it work as it should. Almost. I can align the reg marks. then cut (pen)

It's way off the image. I've tried to use the knife for alignment. It worked one time.

It just seems one time it works, then the next it don't. Mind you am am talking the ct630g driver- NOT the laserpoint.

The alignment will not come up for the laserpoint.

I've tried the the other driver Creation PCUT CTN630 it don't work's for me. It too goes straight to cut. No alignment window.

I will just have to get it working with the ct630g and get it zeroed in.

I know a lot time spent responding to me. If anyone would like another video. I will be more then happy to upload a better one. I just rendered it small.

or I will make a new one. Then leave the audio so I can try to explain as I go along?

I'm in the same boat as you Gifts United, I am trying to contour cut with Flexi 11 Cloud using my LP24. 

When I get my job loaded and press send it goes strait to cutting if I use the LaserPoint driver. So I went ahead and loaded the Creation P-cut ct630g and finally got the alignment window to pop up. But unfortunately the arrows won't move the cutter. And the cutter says waiting. Actually after a minute of pushing the arrow it moved close to the second registration point.

Has anyone experienced this?

i had a laserpoint 1 and could never get it to contour cut switched to graphtec and everything is gravy.  

Yes I do have the older Laserpoint. I think today I will experiment with the different drivers. I thought I was onto something when I switched to the Creation P-cut 630g driver and the alignment window appeared. But was disappointed when I realized that the arrows wouldn't move the cutter. The cutter just said waiting. 

And yes I would love to upgrade to a Graphtec.

It also think it has to be on serial connection..  Are you?   A Keyspan Adapter would be the way to go.  Not any USB to serial will work..  It has to be a Keyspan or a Belkin.  brand names....

Thanks, I just checked its hooked up to a Sabrent serial connection. Does that make a difference? 

Cause now that I think about it it was waiting for a while, then after a minute of pushing the arrows it moved to the second registration. I checked the connection a couple of times thinking that might be it.

Thanks, I just checked its hooked up to a Sabrent serial connection. Does that make a difference? 

Cause now that I think about it it was waiting for a while, then after a minute of pushing the arrows it moved to the second registration. I checked the connection a couple of times thinking that might be it.

Yes, tech support only recommends a Tripplite Keyspan Adapter or a Belkin to work on their cutters.    No Radio Shack,  Best Buy etc.