Sign in to follow this  
joebiv318

White Space

I am trying to remove a small space around an overlapping object.  Ive tried all the outline and stuff like that but it just leaves a space than another Black outline.  I found exactly what I want to do under the SignBlazer help menu. It is called "white space". It says go under arrange, or pick from the tool bar, well its not there.  My guess is this is not on the "free trial". Any other way to do this?

I don't use SB but I think the term you are looking for is "punch through". Try manual for that. I believe that is the method to remove a overlapping piece. Some of the SB pros would definately know this.

after you punch thru, it leave a white layer between the colors. you have to select that white layer and delete it.

Red_and_Black_Cross_and_Flame_op_358x600.jpg

Ok this is just something i found online. If you look at the upper left part of the cross you can see the gap between the cross and the red flame. This is what I'm wanting to do. Now take this one step further...say i want to add a Red outline to that cross and then have the gap to keep the two same colors from overlapping with each other.

This is what i did, I out lined the cross once with my out line than i outlined it again for my "space". I then punched through(the flame) and removed the second out line. This left me with the first out line and the white space where the second outline was. This seemed to work fine until you cut it and find that it also punches through the first out line as well and you have an extra "cut".

Does anyone know a better way to do this?

Just take the cross and add outline of whatever size your looking for. The select all images and punch through, remove outline and there's your gap.