Sign in to follow this  
JMC

Hello to all ,and where do I begin?

I am looking for a cutter/plotter or?LOL have been doing some reading and man am I confused now , atleast 10x more than before I joined the site

I am looking for a reliable tool to make graphics/masking for painting  ,maybe a sticker here and there for the kids ,neices and nephews etc

24" seems like a good start and I get lost after that  ;D:D

but I have already read that this is junk or stay away from that etc ,what do the pros and the others who may not be pros but would do things differently if had a chance to do it different

so what do you guys recommmend as far as ease of use/learnability ,reliabilty,and parts availabilty

Im no graphic designer but can get my way around a pc and use photo shop alright LOL

any help and insight would be great

thanks for any help at all

I started out with a PCut from USCutter and the free SignBlazer software that came with it. It was a great investment and and paid for itself quickly.  Rolands and Graphtecs are the Cadilacs, PCUts and Refines are on the low end. In the middle are Copams and the ZenCut machines. The better quality machines have servo motors where the lower end machines use stepper or incremental motors which are not as accurate an noisier. If contour cutting is something you may be intereested in, the laserpoint has a manual indexing system while the higher end machines have ARMS or automatic registration mark sensors to align printed media for cutting around the outside of individual printed decals. I'm not sure what your budget is but I would get the best cutter you can afford. That's the bast place to start.

Jay

thanks for the way you broke down the main players as far as whos who,

as far as a budget lets say a grand, but I would like this to be a package kind of deal and keep my spending right at 1000

contour cut, lasers,  automatic trade mark readers , :D

I pick things up quickly but care to also dumb that down abit for me

I would look at the Copam and ZenCut Green. The Copam is a good machine for under $1000. It has stepper motors but still a great machine. If your budget is a little more than $1000 I would go with the ZenCut Green and the stand. It has the servo motors and ARMS.

ARMS is used for contour cutting. Print out a sheet of decals on a regular printer. An index mark is printed on the sheet. The ARMS reads the index marks which tell the cutter where the printed items area on the sheet. The cutter will trim around the periphery of each of the printed decals cutting them out.

Contour cutting may not be something you need now but it is a nice feature. The servo motors make the machine much quieter and I think more accurate.

Jay

what about the gcc puma III

I was looking around and have found some deals

I have never made a decal or sticker in my life so I will be jumping in head 1st on this ,I dont mind spending the coin for quality ---just dont want to over spend if I can avoid it

I have never made a decal or sticker in my life so I will be jumping in head 1st on this ,I dont mind spending the coin for quality ---just dont want to over spend if I can avoid it

That is a good machine servo motors and good tracking. But at the price point I would probably pop on the graphtec or roland .

Dan

That is a good machine servo motors and good tracking. But at the price point I would probably pop on the graphtec or roland .

Dan

ok but that would entail spending more and if I can get the same machine for less it would only make sense to get the gcc instead of the graphtec or roland ,I am a complete newb to this so please edumacate me  :angry:

The ZenCut's are rebadged GCC machines. I would almost bet that the Green is the Puma III. Not positive though.

I have an EnuraCut+ which is a GCC machine re-badged for SignWarehouse. I love it. I only wish it hade the contour cut feature.

I noticed the gcc had a greater cutting force than graphtec,I will be cutting sand blastmasking mainly at 1st

and then the warranty was better on the gcc ,

we could be splitting hairs, this 1 claims this and the other company claims that, and so on

just hate to make a bad purchase since I have no clue on any of this figure its best to ask

I thnk the GCC Puma III would be a great machine. What kind of price did you find it for? Make sure you get a stand.

thanks for the welcoming ,but the link I posted does it seem like a good price for a decent machine

Sorry, but he does not seem to be a reliable Ebay business,  If that is the cutter you want to go with,, then purchase from a reliable business that will give you support.  THese businesses have been around. Or do more searching on the internet.

http://www.signsupply.com/hardware/gcc/Puma-III.asp

ok cool thanks ,I also found a roland cx24 for 700 used but local I hate to buy things used because you never know what your gonna get

but is 700 a good price for a used roland cx24

can you find 1 for 1000 LOL

thanks for your help on this ,I havent really shopped that hard yet but so far your 2 were cheaper than my 1

I just used  a search engine like dogpile.com  (this search engine covers many search engines)    and entered  GCC puma 111 vinyl cutter.  

the 2 I already gave you are in the business of selling vinyl cutters,  not some fly by night EBAY store.

your welcome :angry:

I usually google everything  ,but when doing so you need to know what exactly your after and since I really have no clue when it comes to these I have been using ebay just to see prices and compare models etc ,

wether its ebay or a real store in the end its the same product ,I will be buyng in a month or so.. I just want to have all my ducks in a row and my pencil sharp when I make the order

Im a custom metal finisher by trade this is something I am trying to add to it

and thanks for you help and the links

have you considered that UScutter does sell the GCC cutter under the name of Zencut  Green and Zencut Black.  That is an option also.

jay that 1 says add a stand for 150 for 1300 + the shipping ,the 1 skeeter posted was 1250 and shipping was 47 --so far the cheapest I could find it for was 1250

skeeter I have given thought to things being the samething under a different brand name and why I am here asking all these stupid questions  :angry:

from all the reading I have done so far alot of it seems to come down to what software you use also ,is there any that I should stay away from or a program that I should lean towards or look into more than another

guys have been a big help so far