Sign in to follow this  
all systems

Best way to make these decals?

Wondering what is the best way to make these.

Seems like a simple two layer (black and yellow) but the silver edges I'm not sure.

These would see heavy outdoor useage.

Maybe printing would be best?

post-13856-12986567029209_thumb.jpg

post-13856-12986567051172_thumb.jpg

post-13856-12986567076332_thumb.jpg

post-13856-12986567092105_thumb.jpg

Can you print on silver?

With the brand new versacamms you can print silver and with the old gerber edge you can print on silver

I have a Mutoh and it will print on Chrome...PM me if your looking to get some stuff done..Thanks

stetson5331

I have a Mutoh and it will print on Chrome...PM me if your looking to get some stuff done..Thanks

stetson5331

didn't now that . . .hmmmmmmm

I have not found one either. I thermal on all chrome and gold as i have that option in house also. Never tried ecosol an any mirror finished as i have not heard of good results from other shops that have.

solvent printing on chrome will give you metallic colors. those look like yellow and black printed decals on top of chrome rectangles

Whoops, typo, IS NOT solvent and eco solvent accectable

Your right on the Oracal 631 Chrome..It has a clear on it..I had a sample a sales gal gave me I printed on. and it looked great... but for the life of me can't remember where I got it from..I tried the Oracal 631 as a sample print and its like jeremySI says it gives you a metal color..and overall doesn't look right...

I will go out on the hanging tree and say SOOOO I assumed(we all know what assume means...NOW I am the me part..LOL) Oracal was like that and it's not..

So what I can do is print on clear, then put it on the Oracal and now we have what looks like printed chrome...

Sorry for the false info guys Until I find that sample company again...I sold a decal I printed on the sample and didn't think anything about it..

Will keep you informed if I find it...

stetson5331

Whoops, typo, IS NOT solvent and eco solvent accectable

Your right on the Oracal 631 Chrome..It has a clear on it..I had a sample a sales gal gave me I printed on. and it looked great... but for the life of me can't remember where I got it from..I tried the Oracal 631 as a sample print and its like jeremySI says it gives you a metal color..and overall doesn't look right...

I will go out on the hanging tree and say SOOOO I assumed(we all know what assume means...NOW I am the me part..LOL) Oracal was like that and it's not..

So what I can do is print on clear, then put it on the Oracal and now we have what looks like printed chrome...

Sorry for the false info guys Until I find that sample company again...I sold a decal I printed on the sample and didn't think anything about it..

Will keep you informed if I find it...

stetson5331

you might be forgiven this time. lol but don't let it happen again. LOL