Sign in to follow this  
dnewcomb

Point out what I did wrong!

Something to do with groupings or something.  While the graphic on the screen looks fine, I've done something horribly wrong.  The cutter cuts the wrong stuff!  It's cutting through letters and other various things.  See if anyone here can figure out where I screwed up?

Warneymk2.ai

Warneymk2.ai

Did you ever get a quarantee anything was going to be easy ;D  ;D Only thing easy it to pay someone else . Learning anything new is not usually easy .

Did you ever get a quarantee anything was going to be easy ;D  ;D Only thing easy it to pay someone else . Learning anything new is not usually easy .

+1

Yes, that would be the easy thing to do if it was easy.  Which it isn't.

Sorry I said anything.....

Just trying to help mate.

Might do well to start over, I know thats not what you want to hear.

But I can`t tell what you did there.

mark-s

Convert to Raster, delete the vector, then trace. I did one like that a few days ago and it came our great. It took a lot less time than cleaning up all of the ovelapping entities.

there's the answer...good call Jay. Bet that will clear up my issue with one I am working too. I was told to delete the extra stuff and I am still working on it! lol

These are the files. I started wth the .eps and ended up with what is in the .zip file. It turned out really clean and I used the default trace settings.

logo.zip

logo.eps

I managed to get the banner out of it in vector from the file supplied by Dion.

Didn`t have the fonts, If (Dion) wants just the banner PM your email.

mark-s

Nah nothing is ever easy guys  ;D

I'll give what Jay said a shot.  Someone sent me a PM saying I should of "welded" which may of been a step missing in the instructional guide I read on here.  So I'll look into that one too.  Thanks guys.

Did you ever get a quarantee anything was going to be easy :)  :) Only thing easy it to pay someone else . Learning anything new is not usually easy .

Obviously you have more money than me cause parting with my cash isn't all that easy!!  :D

Thinkin about that, probably better you have more money, otherwise you'd be wanting all my good looks! ;D

The method I used works great on single color designs. I haven't tried it on multi color designs.

Jay

Did you ever get a quarantee anything was going to be easy ;D  :D Only thing easy it to pay someone else . Learning anything new is not usually easy .

Obviously you have more money than me cause parting with my cash isn't all that easy!!  :D

Thinkin about that, probably better you have more money, otherwise you'd be wanting all my good looks! :)

I was being a bit sarcastic Bay  ;D  :) . The only way to learn is to really try & go thru the learning process .  I am a major newbie at many things connected with sign making . I do exactly what I want to do but would like to do everything including getting a printer someday , but the motivation is not there for me right now . The money might never be there as some of those things are a " major " commitment & money usually has to be pried out of my grasp  :D .  If I ever need/want to jump into new things , I will have the same mindset as Dion .

I totally agree with the "learn by doing" concept that many forget these days.  I was just hoping someone could point out where I went wrong in my construction of the sticker so then I could remember for next time.

The one thing I find out about doing rastering is that it does lose a bit of the quality.  I guess there's some tweaks in Illustrator that I'm missing out on.

Funny thing is - I'm doing this for a mate, and he's paying me with a 6 pack.  So whenever you guys are in Brissy, Australia - drop me a line and I'll shout you a beer.  ;D

Cheers Skeeter - sure am dry.  Pitched in to help the unfortunete though, so karma feels good to me.

Have now run into a different problem with my cutting software...time for a new post.  In the Signcut section.  lol.  I cna't catch a break today.

OMG That was sooooo a joke!

you tweak'n again???  ;D

Hey Bay , R E L A X .. take a deep breath & don't forget those meds .... :D

I totally agree with the "learn by doing" concept that many forget these days.  I was just hoping someone could point out where I went wrong in my construction of the sticker so then I could remember for next time.

The one thing I find out about doing rastering is that it does lose a bit of the quality.  I guess there's some tweaks in Illustrator that I'm missing out on.

Funny thing is - I'm doing this for a mate, and he's paying me with a 6 pack.  So whenever you guys are in Brissy, Australia - drop me a line and I'll shout you a beer.  :D

I agree that rasterizing is not a substitute for doiing it right the first time, but if it's what you have to work with it is a fast solution. You do lose some of the detail.

Jay

OMG That was sooooo a joke!

you tweak'n again???  :D

Hey Bay , R E L A X .. take a deep breath & don't forget those meds .... :)

I dont do drugs, not even asprin!!

Hmmmm maybe that explains y i'm so high strung....;D ;D

Well back off medicating yourself with the Jack then .... :D0

( spelling correction .. " back on " was meant to be " back off " )