Pappy

Email marketing....

If you have a sign business,,,, you need to be emailing customers every week or so. 

Every time you get a job, request their email addy.

Email marketing works in any industry!

I've been emailing my customers here and it really has had an impact on the number

of orders I receive.

Hope this helps...

Pappy

I've been a marketer for 20 years and Owned my own business since 1998. I have only found email marketing a distraction. The number one rule of marketing (if there is one) is target the interested audience, anyone or anything else is just waste. I can't stand junk email especially from someone I hardly know, this forum is many times better than any email because it engages a motivated , interested audience, so when I'm ready to buy I know exactly where to go. My point being if you aren't some poser trying to promote your service then you should consider adding a blog or forum to your website you'll see a manifest growth in your business over email. Good luck to you any perceived flames were unintended and purely coincidental.

My 2 cents on email marketing is simple, if you email me, I refuse to do business with you, period

I pull in close to 100 emails a day, every time an email comes in I have to stop what I'm doing and see if it's an alert from my software or a client emailing me. Everytime I stop that's money out of my pocket, If i want someones services I'll contact them!

I've been a marketer for 20 years and Owned my own business since 1998. I have only found email marketing a distraction. The number one rule of marketing (if there is one) is target the interested audience, anyone or anything else is just waste. I can't stand junk email especially from someone I hardly know, this forum is many times better than any email because it engages a motivated , interested audience, so when I'm ready to buy I know exactly where to go. My point being if you aren't some poser trying to promote your service then you should consider adding a blog or forum to your website you'll see a manifest growth in your business over email. Good luck to you any perceived flames were unintended and purely coincidental.

Jeeez...  Well I've been in business for myself since 1989.  And if you would have read my post, the audience is targeted!  It's your customers who have already purchased something from you.  I pull a lot of repeat business by emailing my clients.  So you go and do your "marketing" thing. 

What service do I have to promote?  I'm not an email mailing service!  Flame away, I was only trying to help. 

later...

Pappy

According to your footer you have a web hosting co. As I said YOU would see an increase in your business if you used your skills to create a blog or forum. What a marketer means by target audience isn't what most people mean. For me a targeted audience is someone who is both ready to make a purchase and has the authority and money to execute the order, Not just someone who's interested. You will see tons of posts about emailers that are ignored or down right hated for sending bulk email. I wish you nothing but good times, if email works for you, great. I have never bought anything from an email offer, but I have bought $,$$$.00 from tips on this forum' do the math.

Flame away, I was only trying to help. 

later...

Pappy

Welcome to the forum, you'll get used to it.. lol

Pap3, you do make really good points, and I do my facebook promoting like you do emailing.. Good to keep yourself in their life, because they'll forget about you and go to the next guy as soon as they searched google, because they forgot your name.

lueman:  ok... my whole intention was to get people thinking about how to sell to their existing customers.  Joe is right, they will forget about you and move on with their lives.

I moved to a new area last fall.  No more local customers.

So I went out and got some vinyl business.  As of today I have 18 customers that I have done work for here.  Out of those 18, I have 11 email addys.

There's no strife.  The customer has given you their email address.  This is not unsolicited or spam. 

Out of those 11 email addy's, I have picked up 7 new projects from me emailing 11 customers, once a week.  Basically it boils down to about 1 new job a month.  And I have not had 1 complaint or opt out.

GO out and get a new customer = time & money.  Email existing Customer = very little time.

You do the math.

I buy 75% of my vinyl supplies from a vinyl supply company that sends out a "specials" email once a week,  I would never check their web page once a week, so the email is a good reminder to order (especially when its on sale!).

NOW go back and look at my post, I do not come here to sell anything to anyone.  If someone ask me about a product, then I respond.  I've given software to 23 people on this forum (my early version of my invoicing program).  You see this isn't a money making marketing ploy as you somehow suggest.  I've been on this forum for a while.  SO if you think that by posting this I'm going to see my payday, you sir are sadly mistaken.

All's good' note my last reply specifically:"...targeted audience is someone who is both ready to make a purchase and has the authority and money to execute the order, Not just someone who's interested. " you are a targeted audience to those emailers that sent you specials. Just like you targeted customers who met the definition.

I believe these posts are valuable, they teach newbies about targeted emails and other options which are more effective. Eventually your customers will loose interest and your emails will become part of the fluxum sent by the hundreds of other emailers. Don't get me wrong email is a great, but limited resource. I've seen stats that say email eventually reaches a 100 to 1 ratio for every 100 emails you get 1 reply, so yes you will get customers. If you think you are not loosing anything think of the time spent preparing your flyer's, if you choose to go with a service, your back to the bulk email problem.

PS sorry for calling you a poser, I wish I had a penny for every co. who posted here & other forums just to make a buck, but this us cutter forum is one of the best forums I've seen, the quality of the posts is truly outstanding.

I find it great to send emails out to my customers. Hell in fact I have a newsletter sign up page at both my retail locations that get filled out every week. As a matter of fact I got another order for 45 hoodies just today because I sent out an email to them and they came back with and order. not a bad $1,170 order from just keeping in touch with my customers. I think Pappy is spot on with his idea. I spend 1-2 hours every morning making phone calls and sending emails. I think that plays alot into why I have 3 brick and mortar locations also. I say if your not doing it your missing out on a lot of work!!!!

In my practice, e-mails have been a great way to generate new business out of existing clients. I always make sure to capture an e-mail address from each of my clients. In my opinion, you're creating a useful service by letting your customers know about new products and/or services that may benefit them. They won't buy what they don't know you have.

I buy a lot of supplies from another distributor for my sublimation products and each week I get an email with some type of deal. Although most of the time it's stuff I don't need and the email gets deleted, every once in a while it's something that will peak my interest. If they had never sent me that e-mail I would have most likely not even knew they had it.

I agree with Pappy, get the email address and keep in touch with your customers.