Sign in to follow this  
lonestarcountrymusic

Which Application Fluid?

Buy the factory stuff or do a search on the homemade stuff here ( works just as good for a fraction of the cost ) . You spray it on the substrate so you can reposition the vinyl until it is exactly where you want it . If you apply dry , you get 1 shot of getting it right . Many questions like this don't get much response since they have been asked and answered a zillion times already  :huh: .

You are going to get many opinions about this, I have used the Rapidtac as well as the Rapidtac II....Some individuals on here make their own application fluid as it is cheaper than buying it.

If you search Application fluid, you will see many discussions about this. I am new here as well, I am sure the others will add their comments/suggestions...

RapidTac 2.

I make my own but for cold weather application, RapidTac 2 is all I use.

Well I tried a decal today on the wifes van. Oracal 651 and rapid tac II and the temp is -12 C or 10 degrees F. Now this was my first attempt at applying any decal so probably didn't do things perfect. Think I might have used a little to much rapid tac, with it being so cold I had to let it sit for at least a half hour and still had trouble with letters wanting to come off, but i did get it on there and it looks good but whether it will stay is another matter. Also only had high tac paper tape so that probably didn't help matters. Gonna try the other side of van tomorrow dry install and run the car with heater full blast for 20 mins or so to maybe heat up the window a some. Also did a 2 color wall art decal today and it was a breeze.

Even with rapid tac 2 that is pretty cold for an app. you could try heat before and after install to help dry. if it was on glass that can be tedious even in decent weather.

DAN

Well I got some in yesterday so I figured I would give it a try. We have a bloody long winter here, 2 years ago it snowed in late may, so if i waited for nice weather it would be awhile. If it stays on great if not put another one on in warmer weather. Now if I hadn't made a shop out of my garage it would be a lot simpler. Its supposed to get to -36 degrees C  with wind chill tonight so will see how it holds up.