Sign in to follow this  
bmiller24

graphtec windows 7 not working

what  cutting software are you  using?  What is it doing or not doing?  What are you doing?  I run my cutter on XP.

when i put the ce5000 sries user guide cd rom in the computer it says it wont  run the disc on my windows version and shuts off i have sign blazer do i need the graphtec disk to make it work?

well,  I don't know the first thing about windows 7,  but can't you run in a differnet compatibility mode?  like xp? on windows 7?    mr300s uses  Signblazer  on XP  with his Graphtec.  Also the  Graphtec drivers are listed in the support section here on the forum. 

thanks skeeter i just went ahead and put it on my old desk top with xp and bam works like a charm man this graphtec is awsome thanks everyone

that is the best place for it..  use that as a dedicated computer for your cutter.  Good Luck,  you got a great machine.  Your welcome  ;D

thanks skeeter i just went ahead and put it on my old desk top with xp and bam works like a charm man this graphtec is awsome thanks everyone

It sounds like you were trying to load the wrong drivers in your win7 machine. I got all the newest drivers and software files from graphtec and it works fine. I have windows 7 home premium 64. I didn't even open the disc that came with the cutter. Everything you need is on Graphtec's website.

I sent him to the Graphtec support site,  and he said it didn't work either.  Better to have it on a dedicated computer anyway. 

I am running my Graphtec on Win 7 and it works just fine..One issue you might have is to install the drivers before you hook up the cutter..Mu op install book clearly stated to do that..Once I installed all the drivers and software then install the cable and turn on the machine.I also had to install the cutter thru the software even after Win 7 installed the drivers for it.I had to tell the software which cutter and printer I have hooked up..Now I am running Flexi 10 Pro..SB might be different, but my cutter works just fine with Win 7..

Sounds like it could be a set up problem...

Hope that helps

stetson5331

i d/l them from the graphtec site still nothing and i didnt hook plotter up before i did what the instructions said to do thats why i was asking it confused the heck outta me lol but got it to work so both my computers are ready to go thanks a ton guys