Sign in to follow this  
CSDesigns

Graphtec CE5000-60 settings help

hey guys im having an issue with my plotter ..  when i cut letters  for some reason it cuts the letter but there seems to be a little piece that is left uncut  and this makes it difficult to weed,  i have tried  changing the speed and offset  but cant get it fixed...Can someone please  share the settings you are using?thanks :huh:

you should have so little blade you can hardly see it

On the other issue if using flexi, lxi or ultracut in the production manager ad a little to the overcut

Some people agree / disagree on how much blade should be showing.. I have more than barely able to see sticking out.. but less than half a credit card.. it works great for me.

Try doing test cuts.. make sure that the corners are SHARP and crisp, if not.. play with your offset.

As Dakotagrafx said, try a little overcut :huh:

it is actually the thickness of the vinyl without going thru the backing but newbies have a hard time quantifying this so someone came up with 1/2 credit card which is way too much but it has lived on forever

try zero and if you are using sign Blazer make sure that is 0 also

It takes me a while to weed small letters  im just trying to get my plotter set to a good setting  . Ive seen people weed  small text  and it looks way easier. 

Graphtec is zero 0 setting.  Pulling vinyl can depend on what type of vinyl you are using.   I use a needle for weeding on small lettering. and even large stuff.   and cut it slow like 2 or 3 for speed.  I can cut .2"  with no problems

Cool  ima try that    im using 3m  intermidiate....i have a job to do and ints for 100 decals  at the rate im going  I calculated that is gonna take me about 5 hours  :'( :'(

I meant type/ as in Brand of vinyl, you are using.  But slow  the cutter down, and very little blade sticking out. THe blade should just barely be making a mark on the backing paper.

I tried setting the blade

So that it bearly shows  on the holder but  it wouldnt cut anything

that is what FORCE function is for.      You can actually take the blade holder out of the cutter,  and by hand, cut a piece of vinyl. And adjust the blade that way. If it cuts into the backing or marks the backing, shorten the length of the blade showing. Use your FORCE to make adjustments to cut then.  Use the test function to make test cuts. THe triangle should peel away very ez.   What do you have force set at?