Sign in to follow this  
Racer10

48" Roll of Vinyl on a 50" Refine?!!

So does anyone have a simple fix for the stand not holding my roll of vinyl without tearing it up?!  Since the cutter has 48" of usable space I would have figured the stand would take care of the roll, but no such luck!  Without a fix to the stand, I can keep on tearing up vinyl or see if I can find someone to cut a couple of inches off my 48" rollS of vinyl!  Very frustrating!  Please help.

I measured mine just alittle over 48", I can see how that may cause problems. I would pm Ken and see if he has a answer.

Yep, I tried setting the roll on top of the rollers, but the working space on the rollers are less than 48" causing the roll to sit on the brackets and tear up the vinyl.  The working non-"bearing" surface of the rollers is only about 46", but I don't have it in front of me right now.  Do you have a 50" cutter stand in the shop right now?  How wide does the working surface measure?

Ken - Any suggestions?  Can you all get an inexpensive stand that would be big enough and work independently of the cutter stand?  Or have somebody that can fabricate modified brackets and get longer rollers?  I like the idea of modified brackets with longer rollers!  Thanks!!

I have the 24" refine,and when I put the rollers in the CLOSEST TOGETHER position,it raises the vinyl enough to clear the brackets.

Not really sure. Most vinyl comes in 24" and 15", and sometimes 30", but seldom do I hear about 48" vinyl rolls......so this is something new to us. I would try what John suggested to see if it helps. That is really the only thing I could think of as well unless you were to modify the rollers and brackets.

:notsure:

Never heard of 48" vinyl?  It's in every catalog out there.

Anyways, stick something in the bracket under the rollers.  Like a pencil eraser or something.  Just something to lift it up a little.