Sign in to follow this  
Lucky 1

Just bought PCUT CT630 and can't get it to cut anything...HELP!

First off, Hello to all! I'm new to this forum and have just purchased my first cutter, a Creation PCUT CT630. I'm not new to the sign business, as my father has been in the business for years, so I grew up around it. My problem is, I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium and when I connected the cutter via USB, the pc automatically looked for and found the drivers. (Not sure if it  found them via the disc or online, either way it installed them itself without me doing anything) Everything has set up perfectly and I'm ready to cut, but when I click "cut" in either Signblazer or SignCut the cutter doesn't respond and nothing happens. I'm really anxious to get this thing going and I hope there is nothing wrong with the cutter. It seems to be just an installation issue, or at least I hope. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

L1

Just a little note if anyone ever sees this thread again and wonders... most cutters specify that you need to use the disk and install the drivers BEFORE turning the machine on and plugging it up via USB.

This is so that the computer can have the drivers loaded and indexed for the "Found New Hardware" wizard to utilize them first, rather than another driver it thinks matches the Vendor & Device ID.