Sign in to follow this  
wilfong45

How much would you charge?

I would print and contour cut them..Would be faster and less headacke than layering..

how tall it the wording on the 8"?

Little more info to help please...

stetson5331

To be honest.. I would charge probably a penny apiece, it just doesn't look that good at all, but I'm not here to judge that..

Figure out how big the actual decal will be, from corner to corner.. including all text, etc.  Ex: 12.5" tall x 8.62" wide...

Depending on your roll media... 12" or 24" (in my example above it'd require a 24" roll), figure out how many decals can fit PER row on your vinyl, and figure out the spacing between them.

Then you have your total size... figure out the size roll(s) you need to buy to complete the order.  Divide the total cost of materials + shipping / actual square footage of vinyl.

That should give you your BASE vinyl price.. what you can charge per square foot to break even.. (note that even if you don't use the ENTIRE roll, you're paying for the entire roll in full during this order..)

Take that base price p/sq ft.. and add onto it what you want to make a profit with... times that by how ever many square foot is actually needed for the project.

I have been cutting a decal lately thats really close to that size but I require 250 minimum..at 1.59 cents...so for that I am at $397.50 for 250 decals on the small one...

The other one I would probably be a little higher but at the same minimum 250

I would still print them and contour, if I didn't have a printer I would out source it to one of us that do here on the forum..

Myself, Neron, jfought and a few others have printing and contouring available at reduced prices for forum members...

Hope that helps

stetson5331

I wasnt asking if it looks good as i could care less. Its exactly what the company gave me to do, its their company logo. Thanks for the help

To be honest, Have those printed. The top wouldn't be too bad but the bottom is going to be a pain and printing would be less of a headache. You can message me if you would like a wholesale pricing on printing these.

The pain is going to be the amount needed. No way would i do 100 of each cut vinyl layered. If so your going to spend more time than if you had outsourced them to a printer.

Take care

I wasnt asking if it looks good as i could care less. Its exactly what the company gave me to do, its their company logo. Thanks for the help

?? No one helping in this thread said anything about looking good or not??Unless I am missing something...

We have only stated it would be easier to do by printing and contour...No one said anything about you not being able to make it look good or not by layering...I am confused...    :huh: 

stetson5331

@ Stetson .. reread post # 5  :huh:

To be honest.. I would charge probably a penny apiece, it just doesn't look that good at all, but I'm not here to judge that..

Figure out how big the actual decal will be, from corner to corner.. including all text, etc.   Ex: 12.5" tall x 8.62" wide...

Depending on your roll media... 12" or 24" (in my example above it'd require a 24" roll), figure out how many decals can fit PER row on your vinyl, and figure out the spacing between them.

Then you have your total size... figure out the size roll(s) you need to buy to complete the order.  Divide the total cost of materials + shipping / actual square footage of vinyl.

That should give you your BASE vinyl price.. what you can charge per square foot to break even.. (note that even if you don't use the ENTIRE roll, you're paying for the entire roll in full during this order..)

Take that base price p/sq ft.. and add onto it what you want to make a profit with... times that by how ever many square foot is actually needed for the project.

what does he know anyway?   Check his website ,  Full of copyrighted decals.   He would rather sell  illegal copyright material than, design something himself and be original.   Must have purchased that Graphtec, thanks to John Deere, Dodge, Toyota, and alot others.

@ Stetson .. reread post # 5  :huh:

I see..I was missing something...I looked right over that comment..LOL..Guess it's either getting old or just wore out...LOL...

thanks

Figure out how big the actual decal will be, from corner to corner.. including all text, etc.   Ex: 12.5" tall x 8.62" wide...

Then you have your total size... figure out the size roll(s) you need to buy to complete the order.  Divide the total cost of materials + shipping / actual square footage of vinyl.

what does he know anyway?   Check his website ,  Full of copyrighted decals.   He would rather sell  illegal copyright material than, design something himself and be original.   

It's pointless to fight like little children here.  I just gave my opinion to the guy, then went on to help the guy.  If you have a problem with that, fine.. we'll discuss that, but start blabbing about things you have no idea about ("he would rather sell illegal copyright material than, design something himself and be original")... that's 90% of my business right there all custom work for some pretty large businesses.  10% come from our online store.  Which is pretty irrelevant to this thread..

If you want to argue about something, feel free to Private Message me, e-mail me, or start a new thread related to it.. so this guy/girl can get the answers that he needs, and not you trying to start a fight.

If you have a problem with that, fine.. we'll discuss that, but start blabbing about things you have no idea about ("he would rather sell illegal copyright material than, design something himself and be original")... that's 90% of my business right there all custom work for some pretty large businesses.  10% come from our online store.  Which is pretty irrelevant to this thread..

whether he started a fight or not, i would STRONGLY take what Skeeter had to say seriously.  your website IS full of copywrited material.  not only is it all extremely unoriginal, but any of those images can put you up to your neck in lawsuits, lawyers and legal fees to the point where you'll have to sell everything you own just to stay afloat.  search up on copywrite issues on this forum or any... what you're doing is illegal and gives us a bad rap, whether its 10% of your business, or 1 sticker.  if any one of those businesses finds those images for sale on your website you're toast. 

and for the record, you did open the door with your unnecessary comment on the quality of the pic. 

this forum is one of the best resources i've ever found, but you gotta play by the rules.  :huh:

How do websites such as DecalFX (which is a pretty decent sized company and at the top of most searches) as well as FastDecals, how do they stay in business?  They clearly state that they don't pay licensing fee(s) and consider it a "Free Advertisement Program" and request a DMCA notice be filed and it will be removed.

Same with peer to peer music sites, who only require a DMCA takedown notice.

I'm not arguing that it's right, and I'm going to be removing it all, I just don't see how they survive.  From the legal standpoint they are passing the responsibility to the customer and not the actual business (in the form that purchasing the product is not authorization to duplicate the artwork), and they are paying for the duplication of the artwork and not the actual artwork.

Again, not arguing that it's right, just don't see how they use this "loophole" and get away with it majorly, especially these top companies.

I am not worried about doing the work. I bought the machine to do my own race car graphics and just do stuff for other local drivers and racing stuff. I made 100 little 3 color company stickers for an autograph session. Not bad at all once ya get it down

I am not worried about doing the work. I bought the machine to do my own race car graphics and just do stuff for other local drivers and racing stuff. I made 100 little 3 color company stickers for an autograph session. Not bad at all once ya get it down

Honestly im not saying this because i have a printer i am saying this because this is logical, Have fun layering. Sometimes there are ways to do things that are more time and cost effective and layering these is not a good use of time and will cost you more headache than it's worth.

As always though, Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

thanks but already got it done lol, I knew you werent just trying to pick up business, but i had to get them done by tomorrow at noon. Its pretty simple when the only thing ive ever used is a cutter lol. Cut in large quantities, make a few registration marks and itll line up about 50 at a time. Didnt take long at all.

thanks but already got it done lol, I knew you werent just trying to pick up business, but i had to get them done by tomorrow at noon. Its pretty simple when the only thing ive ever used is a cutter lol. Cut in large quantities, make a few registration marks and itll line up about 50 at a time. Didnt take long at all.

Glad to see you completed the job. Sometimes you need to do what you gotta do.

I appreciate you taking my advice lightly and taking it the way it was meant for.

Post up some photos of the job!  :huh: