MZ SKEETER

For everybody new and old..... Have you backed up your files about 4 times??

I know some of you are starting out.  But things can happen  make sure you have all your files backed up at different places, off your computer. We see this too many times, when it is too late.  Just thought I would throw that out, while I was thinking of it.  Just a reminder.  ;)

good call, sadly this doesn't get done often enough.

bb

I keep mine on my laptop and a TB External.

This, though my external is a portable. I have a couple of 16GB sd cards on the way. When the bigger ones drop in price a bit I'll switch to those as well.

I use a lot of flash drives to move files and have a ton of failures, would suggest avoiding the flash drives and stick with the usb external drives, they are a lot more reliable....

I keep all my backups at multiple locations just in the off chance something happens at one place or another....

I have a LOT of customers come in panicing about losing their files, best time to do a backup is before you need one!

i back up EVERYTHING on my hd to disc at least once a yr, preferably twice.

i use roxio, i know there are a lot of haters out there, but when i ran nero, i was fed up with trying to retrive something, only to find the disc was corrupt when it didnt burn right. roxio burns my disc then does a verify scan on it to make sure it burned as it should.

important files, i burn to disc twice.

You would really be shocked if you really knew how many people that does not backup their info.. I guess 89% of my customers do NOT backup their stuff. I recommend an external hard drive everytime. (Seagate). It backs up automatically for you. Remember though (make sure) it has backup software in with the drive. I've been getting alot of trial backup proggie's with the newer Externals. The free ones on the net are alright I guess, but they aren't as good as the paid versions. I've had grown women bust out crying in my shop because they lost their kids,grandchilden,and pictures as far as that goes, and trust me it's not fun for me at all. So I tell everyone of them to invest in an external before something happens. It's not "IF" the HD will go out, it's "WHEN" will it go out.

My 2 cents

You would really be shocked if you really knew how many people that does not backup their info.. I guess 89% of my customers do NOT backup their stuff. I recommend an external hard drive everytime. (Seagate). It backs up automatically for you. Remember though (make sure) it has backup software in with the drive. I've been getting alot of trial backup proggie's with the newer Externals. The free ones on the net are alright I guess, but they aren't as good as the paid versions. I've had grown women bust out crying in my shop because they lost their kids,grandchilden,and pictures as far as that goes, and trust me it's not fun for me at all. So I tell everyone of them to invest in an external before something happens. It's not "IF" the HD will go out, it's "WHEN" will it go out.

My 2 cents

My samsung has automatic backuping too. love it.

Yup, as long as it has auto backup feature it's cool in my book. I HATE loosing any file at all lol