Sign in to follow this  
screenprintr

Problem with Image printing on Epson Workforce 1100

USC members,

I have an Epson Workforce 1100 with Durabrite Factory Pigment Ink.

When using Photoshop CS3 I attempt to print with the Normal printer image quality settings. High Speed on, Bright White Paper settings, etc.

My image comes out the size of the 8.5 x 11 paper, however it has Horizontal Bindings.

I thought it was a Clogged Head, and after numerous cleanings I had no resolve.

I read that using the Normal Image Quality option via the printer preference can cause binding.

So I switched to Fine Image Quality under Printer Preference for the printer, and the image came out about 2 inches.

I switched to Photo Image Quality under Printer Preference and it came out to a Quarter page.

Needless to say the BINDINGs went away (YAHOOOOOO!), but the image is only 1/4 of what I need it to be.

If I switch back to Normal Image Quality, under Printer Preference the Bindings come back.

Changed to the Layout Tab under the Printer Preference and was able to select Reduce/Enlarge by 8.5 x 11 paper size, and by a percentage. I choose 300 percent, assuming that would increase the size to a full page.

I'm still getting a quarter page.

Does anyone have an idea on how to correct the size of the image on the printer?

Thanks in advance,

post-4104-12986566779123_thumb.jpg

post-4104-12986566802308_thumb.jpg

try setting your printer settings where you want them before opening any graphics programs you want to print out of.

bb

Gents,

So should I increase the Image Resolution in Photoshop too?

The first response said change your Image Quality setting to Photo first, then open photoshop, open your image, and print.

I'm just wondering why change the setting from Normal to Photo changes so much. I understand that the Image Resolution is different, but shouldn't epson's Printer Software calculate that?

Does anyone know I can calculate that? I'm sure the Normal settings use so many DPI's, and Photo uses another. If I could determine that I can calculate that with the Original Image size. I.E. Hight or Vertical Pixels by DPI or times DPI, and Horizontal by DPI or Times DPI. I would need to know the difference between Normal and Photo.

Thanks, Paul

Cut Me,

Thank you that worked.

You saved me a good customer. I can't believe how much time I've wasted printing head cleans and alignments.

Time wasn't really wasted I installed two CISS' for both my Epson and HP.

Thank you again,

Paul

Cut Me,

Thank you that worked.

You saved me a good customer. I can't believe how much time I've wasted printing head cleans and alignments.

Time wasn't really wasted I installed two CISS' for both my Epson and HP.

Thank you again,

Paul

i am glad that worked for you. it is just something i picked up here on the forums.

bb

I bought a Generic one online for my HP Officejet 8500 (Dye ink), and one for my Epson Workforce 1100 with Pigment Ink.

I started wholesaling them because they work so well. The HP's a little tricky to install. You have to take the chips out of the old cartridges yourself, and re-attach them to the CISS. Other than that it's fine.