BADCO2k

MH 721 Problem (USB failed)

Ok the other day went to use my plotter for some vinyl stickers for my club only to find my plotter wasn't showing up anyway short version the USB appears to have stopped work but works through a serial to usb adapter.. but i can't get it to follow the cut program properly i have flexisign 8.1 and windows 7 and its doing this

scan0001.jpg

and it should be closer to this

emcwhite.gif

it doesn't always do it which is also weard and it won't do the same thing most of the time it does it on the B in Club I've cheaked all my setting and can't see anything wrong as it had been working befor ei lost the USB.. hope someone has a idea cause i'm at a lost also have tryed other software

Count yourself lucky that you got the USB to work at all.  Time to start using the DB9 serial connection.

Flexi 8.1  is not even Vista compatible. was not Vista compatible until version 8.5.  Could be the problem also.  It may not work properly on 7 :D

thats whats happenign when i do.. I have to use a USB adapter as i don't own a PC with a serial port

Cheaper in the long run to buy an only PC running XP and dedicate it to the plotter.  I paid $40 for the PC that runs Flexi and the plotter. 

tryed signblazer pritty sure thats what did my usb port in .. but can't prove it..  also sorry forgot to mention i have win 7 ultimate and xp mode installed which is what i run my flexi throught ..

I've tryed Flexi

Signblazer,

Make the Cut!

they all do strange things when u tell it to cut/plot  i'm starting to think it maybe the machine as its run fine on the USB port for about a year

I'll keep playing with it but after 2 hours i've lost mt patence

thats whats happenign when i do.. I have to use a USB adapter as i don't own a PC with a serial port

Cheaper in the long run to buy an only PC running XP and dedicate it to the plotter.  I paid $40 for the PC that runs Flexi and the plotter. 

sorry missed ur message, i really don't have the room for another machine m8 this one has to run it

Have you got your cutter grounded good?  If on stand, stand grounded to a screw to cutter,  make sure paint is scratched off ,  Have you tried spraying Static Guard around cutter?  Bounce dryer sheet wiping roll.,  Sheet in the roll.

in the UK so 3 pin plug one of which is a earth so unless the plug hasn't got a earth inside machine, yes i'm earthed

The vinyl creates alot of static as it is rolling thru your cutter.  Has nothing to do with your ground plug to the wall.   The climate (dry air) causes static. Vinyl creates the static. It will end up discharging thru your cutter head, and fry your motherboard. There is plenty info on that on the forum, then you have to replace the z-chip or the motherboard.

quick question that image above is done with my plotter pen on paper, so if it is static build up has the dmg been done and am i ganan need a part

Do you have any tech support in the UK?  Or was the cutter purchased from USCUTTER?  

Is the problem with everything you try to cut? or just this design?

It looks like it's getting out of sync. check the baud rates & stop bit  settings in both the program & device manager everything has to agree. I use 9600-8-1-N.

i didn't see page 2 appear lol purchased of ebay new.. not from us cutter and all my setting are correct on both devices (cutter and PC) and in software

seems like you have tried everything.  Possibly contact USCutter tech support Monday.  I can't think of anything else to help you out.   Maybe someone else can.

Is it under warranty from where you bought it from?  If so try there,  or do they have any support at all?

well i'll have another play tomorrow as its late now but i thought i'd have another play before bed.. loaded a file i've not used for a while and that seems ok... so now i'm think i got corrupt files.. so might do some system checks when up in the morning

Well after abit more playing.. and god knows how the files i had been using where corrupt, or at least thats how its appearing I've made new files and the problems gone away.. Now the bit that has confused me the most is not only was the .FS files corrupt but if i imported anyof the orignal files into flexi and vectorised them in flexi the problem would reproduce but as soon as I traced Bitmap in Inkscape and saved the images as .eps and used them in flexi the problem doesn't show up..  But i can trace all my other images in flexi without the same problem..

I think I expected the worse when the USB port stopped working

Hope this helps someone else at somepoint, and if anythign else happens I will let you all know.

Skeeter thanks for all your help

and everyone :D