Sign in to follow this  
signworx

How much are you paying for vectorizing?

hey all,

ill start by saying i use a service online(vector-artonline.com)to have my stuff vectorized.it cost $9.00 for anything ive had done so far.they have a regular turn around time of 48 hours,or you can pay extra for faster service,but i have used them over 50 times and and with the regular service i have always received mine within 24(sometimes same day).i have no ties with these people,im just happy with the service they provide.i wanted to start a thread to see if anyone was using a place with a lower price.it would help us all put more money in our pocket.i am sorry if there is anyone offended on this forum that provides such services.have a good day.

hey all,

ill start by saying i use a service online(vector-artonline.com)to have my stuff vectorized.it cost $9.00 for anything ive had done so far.they have a regular turn around time of 48 hours,or you can pay extra for faster service,but i have used them over 50 times and and with the regular service i have always received mine within 24(sometimes same day).i have no ties with these people,im just happy with the service they provide.i wanted to start a thread to see if anyone was using a place with a lower price.it would help us all put more money in our pocket.i am sorry if there is anyone offended on this forum that provides such services.have a good day.

SignWorx ,

I commend you for being sensitive to the previous discussions about " networking " with board members . Networking is a valid suggestion IMO , but a thread as you made is good . It gives any member a chance to compete for business & also identifies the service they offer . It also shares what deals were found on the internet which is a reality . I get amazed when all the price issues get repeated by the " dinosaurs " :D ... newbies in every type of business go thru that , when they realize it is not all gravy type of work/prices  I expect everybody would know that service & price dictates actions in business & being able to adjust those thru comparison should be a positive thing .

Vectorizing is free and easy with Inkscape, why pay someone to do it?

Sometimes you have to factor in what your time is worth. Let me use an example, someone brings you a file they want to use in their sign but it needs to be vectorized. You're under several deadlines for other projects for the weekend, but the client needs it as well. You don't have time to sit down for an hour or so and vectorize a complex design (auto vectorization programs can only do so good, they produce lots of errors on complex designs). In this case, you send off to a vectorization service, mark up the fee to the client, and you can still meet your deadlines :)

Sometimes you have to factor in what your time is worth. Let me use an example, someone brings you a file they want to use in their sign but it needs to be vectorized. You're under several deadlines for other projects for the weekend, but the client needs it as well. You don't have time to sit down for an hour or so and vectorize a complex design (auto vectorization programs can only do so good, they produce lots of errors on complex designs). In this case, you send off to a vectorization service, mark up the fee to the client, and you can still meet your deadlines :)

i agree sign pad.i can do it myself,but i can be doing more productive things with my time.i pass the fee on to the customer(i would have charged them if i would have done it myself).if they need theyre logo vectorized,i explain to them the process.tell them there will be a 1 time fee of $15.00 to make the file useable.noone has had a problem with it yet.jmho,not the law.

I now do most myself, however, I also help out a family in Sri Lanka....I pay 3.00 an hour which is almost triple the rate they get working through a contractor...