Sign in to follow this  
RMDelete

Pricing help for a 3" super tedious decal

Okay so I got a problem here, I don't know how this pricing thing should be tackled.

I have a potential order for about 10-15 super tedious 3" square decals

The text in the decal is easily about 1/4"  (which is what makes it so tedious)

The person would use these as a basis to do etching so they don't care what color the vinyl is, but I did the math and so far each decal takes me about 8 minutes to weed....  given that much info how much would anyone here charge for these decals?  What would be a fair price?

I'm guessing it would take about 2.5 hrs to complete 15 of these weeded.  So that's why I need help pricing this out so I don't undersell and make a fool of myself and potential screw up the market here. 

I am such a newbie when it comes to pricing.  Anyone also have a formula they wouldn't mind me using?

I appreciate everyone's help! 

From what I have read on this forum you are going to get many answers in prices.

I can't speak for everyone on here or even a handful of people, but here are some things I have seen talked about

1. Double or triple your material cost

2. Download the vinyl calculator on here - put in your numbers and it will help you with a price

3. It all boils down to what the competition in your area would charge.

4. Charge what you feel is necessary and what you feel comfortable working for

I would be at $5-$6 a piece, some people wouldn't even work with something that small.

I would be at $5-$6 a piece, some people wouldn't even work with something that small.

+1

For a complex design that is that small and that much headache weeding it, I would be around $8 to $10 each.  Otherwise, not worth the hassle!

Just a tip, if you have any scrap PREMIUM (2 mil) vinyl, use it. It will make a world of difference in your weeding and cutting.

$6 - $8, but that's only because I wouldn't really want the job, and anything more than a couple bucks each would pretty much guarantee that.  I never turn down a job.  I just price accordingly.  If it's a job I really don't want, I price it high.  That way if I get it, at least I'm getting paid for the aggravation.

I price like RRC does . When I get a job , I am happy to do it & if things don't go as good as they should , I don't get bent out of shape .

$6 - $8, but that's only because I wouldn't really want the job, and anything more than a couple bucks each would pretty much guarantee that.  I never turn down a job.  I just price accordingly.  If it's a job I really don't want, I price it high.  That way if I get it, at least I'm getting paid for the aggravation.

I like how your thought process works...I see myself doing that on other jobs too...

+1

stetson5331

I have also done some glass etching, I would offer to cut them for him for $2 each but have him weed them. Just cut them, apply the transfer tape and hand them over. The reason I say that is that it is MUCH MUCH MUCH easier to weed and get good placement after its already on the glass/bottle. Just a thought.