jwalters69

Blade holder is not covered under warranty?

Hello.  I have a P-Cut 24 that I have had for 10 months.  From day one it nicks the vinyle where it starts the cut.  I tried the more expensive blade and still same issue.  It doesn't look horrible but it is noticable on small text and it makes weeding a pain.  Anyway I contacted USCutter support and they have determined that it is the blade holder not spinning properly and that I should replace it.  The part is not under warranty because it is a consumable? 

I belive it should be replaced under warranty. 

USCutter has been helpful and I don't really have any other compaints about them but I am disappointed that this would not be covered under the warranty.  Just wondering if I am being unreasonable?  I guess I will have to pay the $40 plus shipping to replace this part.

Jim

go on Ebay much cheaper.  Alot of people purchase extra blade holders for different vinyl uses, so they don't have to keep adjusting the blade, for like reflective vinyl vs oracal 651. You should keep an extra on hand anyway. They wear out.  Just like blades get dull.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pcut-Holder-Cutting-plotter-vinyl-cutter-3pc-blade-/150547456721?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item230d53e2d1

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alu-Blade-Holder-Pcut-Vinyl-Cutter-Plotter-1-BLADE-/250518351336?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a540eade8

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Blade-Holder-Pcut-Cutting-plotter-vinyl-cutter-/140392430344?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b00a7b08

It almost sounds like you have your blade out too far.  Don't go by the 1/2 credit card rule.  You should barely be able to see and feel the tip of the blade. You can actually take the blade holder out of the machine, and with it in your hand, cut across a piece of vinyl. if it is cutting/making a mark into the vinyl backing, the blade is out too far. Also try a drop of 3-1/ sewing machine oil in blade holder, so it spins freely.

a BLADE is a consumable...the BLADE HOLDER is NOT. Whoever told you that is just wrong.

You buy a car..the tires are consumables..the rims they are mounted on are not. Buy a holder on ebay.

I have tried all different depths with no change in the issue.  Tried the other expensive blades out there as well and had the same problem.  USCutter and the other blade manufacturer all came up with the same conclusion.

Jim

I believe what John is saying the blade holder may be bad , but it is not a " consumable " item

I believe what John is saying the blade holder may be bad , but it is not a " consumable " item

exactly...and there are posts on here of people getting replacement blade holders under warranty. I think he just spoke to the wrong person.

I did lubricate the bearing and that help some but it still has a little nick in it.  I am sure US Cutter monitors this page so they would let me know if they have changed their minds on covering it or not.

I will try the ebay one.

Jim

I did lubricate the bearing and that help some but it still has a little nick in it.  I am sure US Cutter monitors this page so they would let me know if they have changed their minds on covering it or not.

I will try the ebay one.

Jim

They do not monitor on a regular basis. I wouldn't wait til the warranty ran out. Call them back.

I will try the ebay one.

Jim

They do not monitor on a regular basis. I wouldn't wait til the warranty ran out. Call them back.

agreed they have made a better effort to watch the complaint area but i wouldn't bet the farm on it

I took your advice and called and the tech guy immediately sent me a new one.  Should see it in 3-4 days.

Great!

Thanks for the advice.

Jim

Someone say grease? HEY I need some for these OLD joints of mine eheheheeh  ;)