Sign in to follow this  
xJoey Dubsx

How to get the white printed portion off these cups....

So my work has a ton of these that are sitting around taking up space since we changed our name a few years ago... They are giving them away and I am going to ask how much I could get the rest off them off them for.

What I want to know is, how can I get the screen printed logo and writing off of it? I want to make sure that it doesn't ruin the material itself, so I can etch into them....

Cup in question:

94884152_photobucket_11083_.jpg

If that's screen printed, and done right, it shouldn't come off, if its a sub-par job you should just be able to scratch if off...

Other than that, I couldn't tell you how to get a 'lot' off easy cept maybe a scrub sponge...?

Soak it in windex maybe, but guess it would help to know what kind of material you actually have... The photo doesn't give that kind of info so everything is kinda guess work :)

lacquer thinner will take off a lot of inks - probably pad printed and it looks like an anodized cup . . . if plastic don't use the thinner though

lacquer thinner will take off a lot of inks - probably pad printed and it looks like an anodized cup . . . if plastic don't use the thinner though

NICE Shirt! :)

I thought about just adding the orange part that is on the prisoner shirts but changed my mind!

Yeah think i could see you doing good in stripes :)

Dunno, but everytime i see that picture i think of spock  :)

That might be a Pad Printing job, so try Rubbing Alcohol to get it off or Acetone as someone suggested.

Even Mineral Spirits/Paint thinner.

If removal proves futile, you could consider adding a heavy white background to any new design for the cups.

If removal proves futile, you could consider adding a heavy white background to any new design for the cups.

I want to etch them though

A hammer comes to mind too!

I'm thinking thats the best constructive suggestion I've seen in this 4um!  :D;D:D