Sign in to follow this  
Exquisite Graphix

Registering software

I am new to this and have a MH 871 Cutter. However I am having trouble registering my software which only allows me to operate in trial mode. I have tried submitting my info multiple times and never receive an activation code. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you are talking about Signblazer.  it will always be in trial mode.  The company went out of business a few years ago, as the owner passed away.  The software is a FREE permanent trial version. 

Well I guess I got robbed then cause it sucks. Cant copy or paste anything or import anything. Only software I can use is what came with the program. Maybe next time I need to do a little more homework before purchasing.

How did you get robbed, when the software is FREE?  You should have gotten Signcut software also. Good for a year.    It is not a design software, but cut only,  ALOT of people use Signblazer software for years with no problems.  and it is FREE,  A good version of Flexi will cost almost $1000-$4300.00   depending on what version.    Most vinyl cutters, EVEN the Graphtecs and Rolands dont come with a design software unless it is bundled up with it at a higher cost. Or a BIG SALE... ONLY cutting software. THat is up to the buyer to purchase, a Corel or Illustrator.  But you can also download inkscape.org  with is FREE design software.   If you are importing into Signblazer,  it needs to be in an older version .eps like version 8 Illustrator,

As Skeeter said, I got a mh-871 with Signcut and Signblazer, I use Signblazer for all the work and in trial mode without problem.

If you're having problems importing, ask for help in the 4um, it works just fine other than having the nag screens....

It is alot of reading , but reading the SignBlazer section starting with the oldest threads & then newer will explain & teach an immense amount .

@ Bayotle , Since you are not " right " anymore ( come to think of it , were you ever :D ) what shall I call you now ?

BFC member # 1

It is alot of reading , but reading the SignBlazer section starting with the oldest threads & then newer will explain 7 teach an immense amount .

@ Bayotle , Since you are not " right " anymore ( come to think of it , were you ever :D ) what shall I call you now ?

BFC member # 1

I am centered and at one with the universe! ;D

Well when I go to dafont and download fonts and save them to a disc its not reading them for some reason to import them. And I didnt receive the signcut software with mine. All I received is the signblazer.

Well when I go to dafont and download fonts and save them to a disc its not reading them for some reason to import them. And I didnt receive the signcut software with mine. All I received is the signblazer.

fonts downloaded are .zip files. Have to unzip first too.

the biggest favor you can do for yourself at this point is to read this document

http://www.customracingdecal.com/manuals/Noob-V4_9.pdf

if you continue without it the aggravation will continue and you will not get anywhere.  knowledge is power and you have entered an are that needs to be learned - Many people think that getting a cutter is like hooking up a printer and just hit cut and all is magic - you have entered the world of vector graphics which react different than the raster you print with.  and if you have never installed a font before you really need to read the manual above and be enlightened  You will not be sorry for taking the little time to read it

I have used it quite a bit and lettered racecars and done some sign jobs but it was with the Fonts that came with the program and some software that a friend of mine had. His system is a little different though. He can click on an image and copy it and paste it. Mine doesnt give that option. I have downloaded stuff and copied it to a disc but when I go into signblazer to import whats on the disc it doesnt show. But I can go to the drive and just read the disc and its all on there.

What you have on the disc may be too new of a version for Signblazer. Signblazer has not been updated for quite awhile, because the owner passed away a few years ago.  When you save an .eps file, it has to be in an older version like illustrator version 8.

What you have on the disc may be too new of a version for Signblazer. Signblazer has not been updated for quite awhile, because the owner passed away a few years ago.  When you save an .eps file, it has to be in an older version like illustrator version 8.

Ok thanks for the help.

also..try using a thumbdrive instead of a disc. A lot easier to drag and drop onto the desktop and import a jpeg  or "open" a AI8 file/corel file. At least that is how I do it.