VolleyChick

Burnout shirts with vinyl?

Hello, I just noticed that my supplier is carrying some shirts described as "burnout" and I'm wondering if these are OK for vinyl.

Here's some specs from their site:

Next Level Burnout Razor Tank

Description:  Specially treated for a unique design every time.

Key Features:

* preshrunk 65% polyester/35% cotton

* 3.7-oz.

* 30 singles for extreme softness

* 1x1 baby rib-knit binding

* satin label

Has anyone used these? Any advice? Thanks!

Di

I haven't used them yet, but I think the vinyl would work, since it can be used on 100% cotton and all cotton/poly blends.  The only thing I would watch is these burnouts are very thin at 3.7 oz.  You might have to insert a piece of paper inside the shirt to keep the vinyl from sticking though the front into the back of the shirt.  just my .02 cents.

Hey Volley Chick Neighbor how are you doing?

Do you use Bodek and Rhodes?

I would get a sample before  you try vinyl on all those. The Ribbed tanks can some times be a problem.

If you try a sample first at least you're only out one tank. Just my humble opinion.

Hey there - I'm doing fine, how about you? I'll bet you're probably not liking that commute too well these days! I do use B&R and will just pick one up to start since I need to check the sizing too. It seems like the more fashionable shirts sometimes run really small. Do you use them too? I wish they'd carry the baby stuff in Philly, I was going to order and the shipping was more than the product...crazy!!

Most vinyl on the market today works great with blends, but like previous posts always test when you are working with new materials.

We were just at a trade show and saw companies selling shirts that looked like they had been worn for 25 years already. what is going on with this industry, haha.

Good luck with everything.

That's what the kids like today, the vintage look.

Almost looks like the sprayed some ink on fishnets. Lol.

Volley Chick. Yes we use B & R, and San Mar. If you order $150 worth they do free shipping. You can combined the order to make it $150 even if some are will call and other parts of the order have to be shipped.

Next time you order let me know and we can do some co-op ordering. I can drop it off early afternoon or meet at starbucks in front of Target (not at the one in target).

And yes the drives a killer at night when it usually starts snowing. The icey days are worse.

Here's my number: 732-773-1339 if you want to Co-Op buy.

I did several burnouts last week, some with vinyl, some with plastisol.  They both work fine, but I did put a teflon sheet inside them, just in case. 

Next time you order let me know and we can do some co-op ordering. I can drop it off early afternoon or meet at starbucks in front of Target (not at the one in target).

Sounds good to me - I can't do anything right now but hopefully soon!

I did several burnouts last week, some with vinyl, some with plastisol.  They both work fine, but I did put a teflon sheet inside them, just in case.   

Excellent - I'll do the teflon - thanks much!

They actually look sort of worn out in spots - see through - def not for me! A lot of the girls on the team like and wear them so I'm going to see how they work. I'm attaching the one my supplier carries.

post-4382-12986566780282_thumb.jpg

post-4382-12986566803231_thumb.jpg