momoftwins

importing EPS files from Inkscape

HI everyone.  I have been using Sign Blazer for a couple months now.  Still have LOTS to learn.  So lots of questions... =)

What's the best method of getting a .eps file from a SVG or JPEG.  I have done it before - occasionally it works.  Most of the time, the file is there but no image or it freezes my sign blazer up as soon as I import.  EPS files that I have purchased import just fine.  I read somewhere of saving EPS in a version 8, etc.  Is that something I need to do in Inkscape too?  There is a pop-up after I click save in Inkscape and I have no idea which options should be checked or not checked.  If someone has a tutorial that they can direct me to, that would be great!  Right now I am only trying to get a basic basketball into a EPS either from my SVG file or the JPEG file. 

Any clues as to why my sign blazer freezes up so often?  It was installed from the CD that came with my cutter and doesn't have the trial mode countdown.  My laptop sign blazer was downloaded from internet, has the trial mode countdown, but doesn't freeze up near like the computer hooked to my cutter.  Both are running Windows 7.

THANKS!!

post-7544-12986566491112_thumb.jpg

post-7544-12986566515615_thumb.jpg

first of all, jpeg files are raster images. svg and eps files are vector graphics. when you have your svg file open in inkscape, click on "object>fill and stroke" then click the "stroke paint" tab in the fill and stroke window. make sure the "x" in the top left is highlighted. now save the file as eps. when you import the eps file into sbe, click on the "use full postscript interpreter".

bb

OK - THANKS!  Got it to work finally.  I was able to delete the black background so it should be make the correct cut.  And clicking the other option for the import into SBD must help!  THANKS again!